cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Items stolem from Insured Speed Post/India Post

punjjab
Community Member
Hi,
I have sent my mobile (Rs. 3200+150) to the buyer from Tamil Nadu. I have sent it through Redg. Speed Post and in addition got insured of value upto 1000 Rupees. I packed my parcel according to the directions of the India Post i.e. Packed in the thick piece of cloth and placed 5 seals on the packet. but today I receive a call from the buyer that one of the family members of the buyer recieved the parcel and after opening it they will found that the mobile is not in the package. When I ask the buyer about the seals? He did not give me any satisfactory answer except that he is out of station and he will answer and put a matter to ebay in about 1 or 2 days. When I ask India Post/ Speed Post, they say that We are laible only till the delivery. They further told that if the seals were ok than how it is possible to steaal the items and if the seals were tampered then why they receive the item? Now please suggest me what to do? because i have ship another item one or two days. And this one is much more costly than that of.
Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Plain and simple advise from me.
Never use speed post/India post. They are bunch of thugs

Samin
Message 2 of 6
latest reply

punjjab
Community Member
Thanks for the advice but please suggest me
What to do now? The payment of the item lies with the Paisa Pay? Am I entitled to it or the buyer?
Message 3 of 6
latest reply

spl_ind
Community Member
I am shocked! I mean, why did Speed Post insured the item for only 1000 when actually it costs 3200 ?

Anyway, if your money is still with PaisaPay then to claim it you will need to show them the "Proof of delivery" you got from the Speed Post.

If PaisaPay has already refunded the money to the buyer then go get your claim from the Speed Post.

I use DTDC to ship all my electronic items. They charge an all India rate of Rs. 180 up to 2kg. You may also try other courier companies as well.
Message 4 of 6
latest reply

1shopindia
Community Member
i think buyer is lying
Message 5 of 6
latest reply

spl_ind
Community Member
I now use Speed Post. They are cheap but not bad. I have no complaints till date.
Message 6 of 6
latest reply