cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Item got returned due to ignorance of buyer, now what?

I sold an item that i shipped on 19.05. Since the location was relatively close, it was delivered already the next day, but the buyers phone number was incorrect and the buyer was not at home all 4 times the courier visited. We contacted the buyer immediately and told to contact the courier and to pick it up, but the buyer was not reading their ebay messages till today (28.05)
Now he claims he hasnt received the item and the delivery deadline is 30.05.
We also havent received it back yet due to the courier returning it to wrong locations since this tuesday.
Now i am totally clueless of what to do next. I told the buyer to call the courier and try to persuade them to ship it to the buyer once more since i dont have the will to pay courier fees once more! + the delivery deadline is pretty much here.
Ebay - what should a seller do when a buyer has a wrong phone number and address that noone resides in + is ignorant enough to postpone this till the moment its time to claim 'item not delivered'?
Its not my fault! Why should i pay twice for the courier? Why should i have all the hassle?
Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Re: Item got returned due to ignorance of buyer, now what?

linusstudios
Community Member
For this same query eBay had replied us as below-

Before dispatching order it is seller's responsibility to verify from buyer if the address provided is complete and mobile number working or not. Also seller is supposed to continuously followup from buyer if he has received the parcel or not.

And after the parcel has been delivered seller is supposed to call buyer and inquire if buyer is happy with the item received and the services offered otherwise sort out issues if any.

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

parsavnathenterprises
Community Member
in addition to Sunil Ji's comment,
If the buyer lives at a location which is not serviced by any courier, it is sellers responsibility to to catch the first flight to his city, incase, flight is not available, then charter a private jetliner and deliver it to him under any circumstances. irrespective of the cost of the item.

Continuously follow up with the buyer, if he is not happy, give him full refund and let him keep the item too.

After all buyer is the king.
Message 3 of 6
latest reply

Yes very true, the buyer is a king, because when he makes a 99/- rupees purchase from the seller and that too after receiving a free coupon from ebay, the purchase allows him to own all my assets, my car my house, my FDs and me also. Everything is now owned by the buyer, because he has done a favour to me by purchasing from me and even after all this if he does not like the item then as per ebay I am suppose to........Oh I love ebay
StopandShop
Message 4 of 6
latest reply

Lol

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

@ Raj Electronics. Not just your property, bank etc, they even own your business as they can now leave a negative feedback too which can't be removed/reversed as per new feedback policy.

Moreover it its COD and gets returned you will loose your FNV too as there is no option go get that back in ebay.. Loving it.

Message 6 of 6
latest reply