International Selling

onelifedeals
Community Member
Hello Everyone, I'm new to ebay and i'm totally mesmerized by it's powers.

I'm having a problem here, actually i live in India, but i would like to list/sell my products on E bay US but i have no idea how can i do it?

Whenever i click on continue (on the last step of listing) i get redirected to ebay.in which asks for me to verify my account.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Onelife
Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

International Selling

You can sell anything internationally. To sell internationally, you just need an eBay account (which you have) and a verified PayPal account.

Here is what you need to do:
1. Register for a PayPal account
2. Attach your Bank Account (Source of Receiving funds from PayPal)
3. Enter your Credit Card details for verification.
4. Receive PayPal code in your CC statement, the following month.
5. Enter that code on your PayPal verification page.
6. You are verified if the code is correctly entered by you.
7. List your first item on eBay.

The above things are very easy....Now the tough ones...

1. The international buyers are very much accustomed to purchase online and the buyer from USA are more aggressive than Indian buyers.

2. If your item is not received, then they will file a case and PayPal will block your payment and may also put a hold on your account. You need to be very fast in terms on shipping - You must follow Same Day Shipping principle.

3. The buyers from USA are extremely fussy. They may ask questions after purchasing the item and if you don't answer, they would easily use profane language and also leave a bad feedback.

4. Its more competitive in every segment. Don't think it is easy to sell internationally. You need to work out on prices.
Message 2 of 3
latest reply

International Selling

malwastorechd
Community Member
Dear Ebayer

Donot forget to get shipping quotes from fedex, dhl, UPS etc, as foreign buyers would like to have online tracking.

Also stock up the packing material before you try to post your items on ebay.

Regards
RG
Message 3 of 3
latest reply