India Banned Chinese Mobiles from Jan 6th 2009

chiruthaa
Community Member
Hi

Our Govt Banned Banned Chinese Mobiles from Jan 6th 2009

I requested to all the sellers Pls clear ur chinese mobiles Handsets before 6th Jan,

So Pls take of all sellers and buyers, Those wo interested sell and buy in EBAY India

Regards
Ashok
Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Sir,

Please give us your source of information. Have not heard or read about this anywhere.

The only condition which is required in import is that every mobile should have a unique IMEI number.

Today most mobile Brands including Nokia have their mobiles manufactured in China due to low cost there. Most of the Tata Indicom and Reliance CDMA phones are sourced from Chinese OEM inluding Huwaei. Brands like Fly, Bleu, Spice, Onida exclusively source their handets from chinese oem.

Regards,

Devesh
Message 2 of 5
latest reply

chiruthaa
Community Member
HI Dinesh,

I saw this information on some TV channels TV9 and NTV channales,

Inda decided to prohibited on chinese mobiles that have invalid IMEI No's, bcoz due to recent terron attacks on Mumbai, and the terroists used chinese mobiles that have invalid IMEI, that's why our intelligence unable to trace the terrosits communication.

Regards
Ashok
Message 3 of 5
latest reply

sachin_thapar
Community Member
This news has been doing the rounds from last 1 year now. It is totally false and baseless.

I attended the chinese fair held at NSE grounds a couple of month back. China is totally aware of the imei issue and few months back Indian customs were not allowing consignment of chinese mobiles to pass. However the chinese have started providing valid imeis and govt cant ban something like this. Hope this clears your doubts Sir.

thanks,
Sachin
Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Hi Ashok,

May be this is 1000th time I'm hearing that India is going to ban Chinese phones in the last 6 months.

It is totally illogical as most of the handsets including Nokia, Spice, Reliance etc., (as rightly said by cameras_n_such) are being manufactured in China. They are the ultimate source of OEM products.

Yes, there were certain cheap Chinese phones available in the market without a proper/unique IMEI and ofcourse they should be banned.

But now-a-days those phones that are being manufactured by core OEM companies do contain unique/valid IMEI (as said by sachin_thapar) as India is their main target of marketing and so they can't afford to lose it.

Thank U!
Faheem
Message 5 of 5
latest reply