cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to guarantee perfect 5 Star Detailed Seller Ratings (DSR) from Buyers

mobile-phones-etc
Community Member
just stumbled upon the post, thought to share it with my fellow sellers here.

Ah yes, as an eBay seller, don’t you just love the 1 to 5 Star Detailed Seller Ratings (DSR) that eBay buyers can leave for you?

In addition to feedback, eBay buyers can leave anonymous ratings from 1 to 5 Stars on 4 criteria – Item as described, Communication, Shipping time, Shipping and handling charges.

If you’re an eBay seller, I bet you have noticed that no matter how hard you try to please your eBay buyers you always seem to get hit with a low DSR at some point.

I have compiled a list of things you can do as an eBay seller to guarantee 5 Star ratings on DSR from every one of your eBay buyers:

Item As Described:
In your eBay listing, offer to fly the item to your potential buyer’s location so they can physically handle, look at and inspect the item before bidding/buying. It’ll be like they can walk into your “store” in the comfort of their own home. They will have no reason to rate your “Item as Described” DSR low and think of all the frequent flyer miles you’ll accumulate.

Communication:
Since you already flew the item to your potential buyer’s location, make sure you take them out to dinner and talk about all of your policies so they know them before they bid/purchase.

After they bid and win or purchase your item, add their phone number to your speed dial. Call them and tell them how happy you are they bought your item and that you booked your overnight flight to deliver their package. Once you arrive, take them out for dinner again so you can talk about your return policy.

Continuing calling your buyer daily until they leave feedback and Detailed Seller Rating to see how they are doing, how they like the item, and anything else that comes up.

Shipping Time:
Why deal with the silly postal service or those other courier companies? As mentioned above, book that overnight flight to your buyer’s city immediately upon payment and personally deliver the package yourself. Unfortunately this still may not be fast enough and scientists haven’t invented the “Beam me up Scottie” machine (sorry Trekkie fans I’m not an expert in Star Trek technology) so you could instantly beam the item to your buyer.

Shipping and Handling Charges:
FREE SHIPPING BABY! FREE SHIPPING BABY! FREE SHIPPING BABY! Offer free shipping and don’t even add the shipping cost into the price. Absorb all costs associated with shipping, packaging material, etc., even if you lose money. It’s not about making money anymore, it’s about getting those 5 pretty Stars.

……actually you can’t really do anything to GUARANTEE perfect 5 Star DSR ratings from every buyer on eBay, which is why we had fun with you above.

There are always going to be those few eBay buyers that rate sellers low on the detailed seller rating criteria no matter what you do or how perfect your product or service is. You could actually do all of the silly things above and I would bet there would still be some dumb eBay buyer that rates your DSRs low. If those eBay buyers could only understand how much those ratings (even 4 stars) can hurt a seller and prevent sellers from receiving eBay fee discounts.

On a more serious note, you can also check eBay’s Detailed Seller Ratings page where they have more ideas on what you can do to make sure the smart eBay buyers don’t have a reason to leave you low DSRs. If you’re a buyer and you’re reading this, there is also some info for you to read there to help you understand how to properly rate an eBay seller.

To be honest, eBay is a fantastic market place, offering career opportunities to so many serious sellers and off course an opportunity to buyers to purchase the items at relatively lower than local offline market or any other portal. eBay has also played a fair share in development of ecommerce market place in India. Also, personally I am not against Feedback system; however, I strongly feel that half witted Indian online market place particularly is not ready for such sensitive DSR system.

Have a laugh and kudos to the Author. buy genuine mobiles at unbeatable price.
http://stores.shop.ebay.in/Mobile-Phones-ETC

Change is state of mind..but inevitable.
buy genuine mobiles at unbeatable price.

Message 1 of 45
latest reply
44 REPLIES 44

allurejewels.in
Community Member
😄 Great post..and the gist of the story is - nothing can assure you 5 stars! LOL
Message 2 of 45
latest reply

Hi,
I think one should think and work normally. I did a perfect 5 with no special effort.
People said eTRS is difficult to achieve or perfect 5 is impossible. But I did them all, all sorts of eTRS, the US, UK, and Germany and definitely a perfect 5 okay. I think it is easy.
Thanx,
Truly,
Amitava
Message 3 of 45
latest reply

Amitavaji, What is eTRS please explain, I have no idea about it.
Regards.
Raj Electroniks.
Message 4 of 45
latest reply

@mobile-phones-etc...

Good one....keep on posting more of such ones.
Regards.
Raj Electroniks.
Message 5 of 45
latest reply

mobile-phones-etc
Community Member
@ Amitva Ji,
Sir you are not only senior from me in age but also on eBay. However, yours also is not a perfect 5 star its 4.8/4.9/4.9/4.9

however, i also noticed you are selling stamps (earlier you were selling gemstones) and have mentioned return policy for the reason these stamps are collectibles and can be resold may be at better prices.

How about if you were selling sealed pack mobile phones, customer opens the seal enjoys for a 10-15 days and then returns stating i am not satisfied, WILL YOU TAKE IT BACK KNOWING VERY WELL THAT IT CANNOT BE RESOLD? buy genuine mobiles at unbeatable price.

Message 6 of 45
latest reply

mobile-phones-etc
Community Member
@RAJ
MANH, LOOK AT YOUR RECENT NEUTRAL, CUSTOMER TAKING SELLER FOR A RIDE.
CUSTOMER REMARKS:- NOT SATISFIED. Can some one ask this Gentleman, he is getting Genuine Nokia BL-6F for Rs 399/- which has Dealer price of Rs 1000++ and MRP of Rs 2900 from company almost 85% on MRP. What more can be done to satisfy this customer. How to assure satisfaction of the customer? How to measure it? please some one tell me.

@Raj again, not worried about ur neutral, but i am sure this customer has left 1 star rating in each parameter, eventually bringing down your average. buy genuine mobiles at unbeatable price.

Message 7 of 45
latest reply

mobile-phones-etc
Community Member
As stated before, I am not against eBay. In fact i have got a fabulous channel to liquidate my stock with quick payments and margins too. I follow this portal religiously and seriously saying, I do ask my friends and relatives to buy what ever they want from eBay. be it apparels or any thing. Again, very few buyers making this sad story overall. buy genuine mobiles at unbeatable price.

Message 8 of 45
latest reply

linusstudios
Community Member
said perfectly. eBay is great when it comes to reach and the traffic. And really we must congratulate its management for efficiently handling such huge load of traffic and generating sales out of it... But when it comes to heavy traffic zooming by, some of them may be careless passerbys.

Why cant it be made mandatory for a buyer to contact seller before leaving a neutral and negative? Also I will request eBay team to allow appeals against unjust feedbacks in Community court.

If neutrals are capable enough of getting SNP's, Community court should have power to remove them .

Current situation is no better than wearing a bullet proof jacket which will save you from bullets but which can easily be pierced by a knife.
Message 9 of 45
latest reply

Hi mobile-phones-etc,
My 12 month is

Item as described 4.88 0.35% (4)
Communication 4.94 0.00% (0)
Shipping time 4.96 0.00% (0)
Shipping and handling charges 4.92 0.18% (2)

But 30 days average is perfect 5
No mistake

Also it is very difficult for tech category. I understand that.
But after a few days I shall open my shop in dot com and close shutters here and start missing you guys. I have my group of friends there.

Thanx,
Truly,
Amitava
Message 10 of 45
latest reply