Fraud Buyers. All Sellers please be aware !

gsmobileworld
Community Member
Dear eBay sellers,

I want to report a fraud buyer who is bidding on each and every item of mine on eBay and that too at the last moment of end of the listing.

The details of the buyer(s) is as follows :

eBay ID - net_kingonline
Name - Krishna Vamsi
Address - Flat-401, Girija Gopal Residency,
Opp: Passport Office, Subbalakshmi Nagar,
Visakhapatnam, AP 530016
India

eBay ID - banala_143
Name - B Lalitha Kumari
Address - Flat-401, Girija Gopal Residency, Opp: Passport Office,
Subbalakshmi Nagar,
Visakhapatnam, Andhra Pradesh 530016
India

This buyer has his contact no's too the same i.e. +919701122448.

This buyer has placed bids on my eBay listings in the last 15 secs of the ending of the listings.

The details are as follows :
Item No : 230253482616
Item Name : UNLOCKED APPLE IPHONE 8GB
Time of Listing End : 20-May-2008 19:47:29 IST
Time of Bid placed by the buyer : 20-May-2008 19:47:23 IST
Buyer ID : net_kingonline

Just 5 minutes back, i had one more listing to end. The same buyer placed a bid in the same way, i.e. within 15 secs of end of the listing. The details are as follows :
Item No : 230253480943
Item Name : NEW HTC TOUCH WITH MANUFACTURER WARRANTY
Time of Listing End : 20-May-2008 19:39:10 IST
Time of Bid placed by the buyer : 20-May-2008 19:39:04 IST
Buyer ID : net_kingonline

The same buyer i.e. net_kingonline places bid just 15 secs back before the listing ends.

The above same buyer, with same address and same phone no. buys a product from me 4 days back. The details are as follows :
Item No : 230252551437
Item Name : UNLOCKED APPLE IPHONE 8GB
Buyer ID : banala_143

There are 2 buyers with same contact details i.e. same address, same contact no. but different eBay ID.

I do not know that eBay allows this kind of activity.

The buyer has denied to purchase and said that he is new on eBay and bought the listing in an error and i just fear to receive a negative feedback from him.

We sellers are really in a fix now as we cannot even take action against them.

Please suggest, what should i do now ???
Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

rajjgo
Community Member
He must have used an Auction Sniper tool. Just see, the bids have placed 6 seconds before the listing ended.

But considering the buyer, its simply auspicious that eBay promotes such buyers !

I mean 2 ID's with same details !
Message 2 of 11
latest reply

gsmobileworld
Community Member
The buyer now sends me a threatening email to take my complaint back or else he would leave 3 negative feedback's against me. eBay members, please help. eBay customer support is of no help. I have called them, emailed them, but no response from them. Please tell me what should i do now ???
Message 3 of 11
latest reply

indraneel@ebay.com
Community Member
Hello gsmobileworld,

We have taken note of the case being highlighted by you on this thread and I've escalated the same to the concerned team. Please rest be asured that necessary actions will be taken against the buyer.

Regards,
Indraneel
Message 4 of 11
latest reply

gsmobileworld
Community Member
Hi Indraneel !

Thanks for the response. Seems like i found a small flame of light in a room full of darkness. Hope to hear soon from you.

Regards,
GSM Mobile World
Message 5 of 11
latest reply

gsmobileworld
Community Member
Hi Indraneel,

The buyer did s said, she sent me threatening SMS's and emails and left me one negative feedback.
Now, you tell me, what am i supposed to do ?
This is really a very problamatic situation, you have placed sellers in !

As suggested, some action would be taken against them. But nothing has turned up. I tried to contact the buyer but his contact details are also incorrect.

Please help !
Message 6 of 11
latest reply

indraneel@ebay.com
Community Member
Hello gsmobileworld,

As mentioned in my earlier response we have taken necessary actions against the member and user ID: net_kingonline is "No longer a Registered User".

We are investigating on the other member being highlighted in your post and we will take necessary actions. Please rest assured that if the member is suspended all the negatives/neutrals left by the member will be removed.

Hope that satisfies your concern and gives you more confidence in the new Feedback changes.

Regards,
Indraneel
Message 7 of 11
latest reply

gsmobileworld
Community Member
Dear Indraneel,

The buyer banala_143 has changed his registration details i.e. his address and his contact no. I cannot see his updated details, but when i click on the "View Order Details" section for the item he has purchased, i see a note by eBay on the top of the page saying that the buyer has updated or deleted his contact details.

I am now in a complete fix here. I have to stay with a negative feedback for such a problem, that cannot be resolved, even though i am not in any fault for it !
Message 8 of 11
latest reply

gsmobileworld
Community Member
Now the buyer replies me and tells me that he is in contact with the eBay Trust And Safety Dept and he can remove my feedback, if and only if, i deliver the product to his new address by requesting the Trust and safety dept.

Wow ! This is a kool thing going on over here.

Dear Indraneel, you guys are in touch with him. I never ever got a call, nor a single email from you guys.

Its a very good thing going on over here.

The buyer buys something, threatens and then leaves a negative feedback. Then changes his address and contact details. On making a complaint by me on the community boards, ebay contacts his and negotiates with the buyer. The buyer then asks to deliver the product, blackmailing me, to removing my feedback.

This clearly shows that you ebay guys just listen to the buyers and never listen to the seller. You call the buyer, email the buyer, but never to the seller. Kool !

Hats off to you guys man !!!
Message 9 of 11
latest reply

gsmobileworld
Community Member
The Feedback Removal Policy is as follows :

Feedback that meets any of the circumstances below is feedback abuse and may be subject to removal by eBay:

eBay is provided with a valid court order finding that the disputed feedback is slanderous, libellous, defamatory or otherwise illegal.

The feedback comment contains profane, vulgar, obscene or racist language or adult material. Further, inflammatory language, such as "fraud, liar, cheater, scam artist, con man" etc. is strongly discouraged but will not be removed.

The feedback comment contains personal identifying information about another member, including real name, address, phone number, or email address.

The feedback makes any reference to an eBay or law enforcement organisation investigation.

The feedback comment contains links or scripts.

Negative feedback intended for another member will be considered for removal only in situations where the member responsible for the mistaken posting has already placed the same feedback for the correct member.

Feedback left by a member who provided eBay with false contact information and could not be contacted. In general, the transaction period is considered to be 90 days from the end of the listing or 30 days from the date the feedback was left.

Feedback left by users who are indefinitely suspended for certain policy violations within 90 days of registration. eBay takes the position that members who are indefinitely suspended soon after registration shouldn't be able to permanently impact another member's account.

Now when the member had 2 accounts with the same contact details before, and that too the contact mobile number was not reachable, and then later he changes his account details and adds different details, does that say that he cannot be suspended ?

This is a very good method for fraud buyers !
Message 10 of 11
latest reply