First Time Seller-POD Trouble

vamsikrishna.mv
Community Member
Hi All,

I am Vamsi Krishna, i am kinda new to selling on ebay, unfortunately i have selected ebay to sell something and i am already in deep trouble, i have sold an laptop worth 11000 luckily the guy needed my laptop for parts as he broke a borrowed laptop, anyways, i have send the item through DTDC and the online tracked it and called the buyer if he has recieved it. He confirmed the same.

Now ebay suddenly asked for the proof of delivery, i went to the local DTDC branch and asked for the same,they said that if POD is to ensured i should have booked elsewhere as they dont gaurentee POD. Already it is 15 days, i tried to be angry and demanding and they put 3 bags of PODs before me and asked me to file through them.

Now i dont know what to do, i have sent the online printout to the ebay guys they are not accepting it, i only have proof of dispatch.

Kindly any of the senior members advice me and help me get my money back, i promise i will never sell anything again through ebay.

1) what will happen next if i unable to provide POD
2) can i ask the buyer to send the receiver copy he has
3) can i go to the place and ask them to scan the delivery run sheet and submit the same.

Please Please help, i have gone through the forums and it seems ebay cc only says provide pod take money what do i do now...

SHOULD NOT EBAY MAKE IT A STANDARD CLAUSE TO TELL SELLERS THAT POD SHOULD BE PROVIDED POST SALE, atleast i would have known this issue and would have got a courier company that gaureentees pod.
Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

rishi15121989
Community Member
To be frank there are very little hope for you to get out of the trouble. Two things you can do are like this.
Go to dtdc office give request the POD and copy of DRS in writting take acknowledgement of that letter. If they refuse to accept the letter you can file a FIR against then
Second thing you can do is ask the buyer to do an offline payment.
There is Zero chance to solve it with the help of ebay CC they are nuts according to my experience they accept nothing as Pod from seller and anything as Pod from buyer in case of return.
Message 2 of 8
latest reply

tell your buyer to call ebay toll free number and confirm the receipt.
Message 3 of 8
latest reply

vamsikrishna.mv
Community Member
Sir's thank you for your replies.

Dear Rishi Sir,
I have not requested for POD at the time of booking so legally i cannot file a case on them. The buyer has already paid the money and it is with ebay.

I am seriously feeling bad about Ebay.

Request any of you big guys to please kindly help me, i require the money badly and i dont know what went wrong in my case. The buyer confirmed the receipt of the item.

Please Please kindly review my case and suggest alternate possibilities, i have the booking challan with me, will it help.
Message 4 of 8
latest reply

hey did U solved Ur problem..? give me Ur email address I can help.
Message 5 of 8
latest reply

spl_ind
Community Member
Let eBay refund the amount to the buyer. After that call up the buyer and ask him to pay you directly as payment via eBay never reached you. I hope he accepts your proposal.
Message 6 of 8
latest reply

Dear vamsikrishna.mv,

This issue has been escalated to the concerned team and you should be hearing from them

Thanks
Seema Khanna
Message 7 of 8
latest reply

abyaby10
Community Member
HI Vamsi Krishna,
THIS IS NOTHING NEW SINCE I FEEL THAT EBAY IS TOTALLY BIASED TOWARDS THE BUYER. I AM A SELLER ON EBAY AND HAVE HAD A NUMBER OF DISCUSSIONS WHERE THEY CAN PROTECT A SELLER. BUT TO NO AVAIL. THEY HAVE A BUYER PROTECTION LISTED UNDER SITE MAP BUT NO SELLER PROTECTION IS LISTED. THEY FORGET THAT ALL FEES COLLECTED IS ONLY FROM THE SELLER RIGHT FROM THE LISTING FEES TO THE PAISA PAY FEES. YET WE SELLERS SUFFER. ITS HIGH TIME THAT THEY MAKE CHANGES FOR THE SELLER WHO IS PRIMARILY THEIR BREAD EARNER.
Message 8 of 8
latest reply