cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Buyer! Non Paying Buyers! Fraud Buyers! SOLUTION......

ratnachhaya
Community Member

We all sellers are suffering now and then with a religion of Buyers who either
1) Bid and forget
2) Never Pay
3) Pay and claim "item not received"
4) Leave negative feedback
5) Just reply that they are financially tight
6) Sorry I don't want it
more-----

We face lot of trouble as
1)we can not relist item hoping buyer may pay
2) Two weeks run and run for getting Final value credit
3) List and relist

If one see a trend, it is consistent with low feedback or new members and it seems they are mostly cheat types.

Solution:

eBay should collect 1) Complete name and address/Tel number
2) Bank Details/CC details

Before allowing them to bid eBay should ask them to deposit some fix amount say 1000.00 in their paisapay account as security deposit. This will be instantly refundable to them after they complete transaction with seller or in case they do not wish to bid on anything.

This way eBay can use interest free money (which I think eBay enjoy from Sellers) and Buyers will be at deck knowing that their money is at stake.

This will serve as dual responsible method where seller take risk of his money/item and buyer will reciprocate it with his money.

I am sure this can be worked out easily. Also to buy items under 1K deposit should be 1K and so on.

Once a certain level of feedback is achived by buyer, he may be waived by deposit condition just as the power sellers get Express Remittance.

Express Guys....what you think.
Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

BOSS.
I think this is the best ever suggestion... and I really liked it .. i almost got 20 Unpaid item strike in one month....
You are abslutely right....
regards
handicrafts_store
Message 2 of 10
latest reply

t02gkm8
Community Member
Hi, I welcome the suggestion. Am planning to initiate legal proceedings against 2 buyers who didn't pay and also against eBay for keeping quiet and inaction.
Message 3 of 10
latest reply

ratnachhaya
Community Member
I think time has come to form a UNION of sellers to pressure eBay for reforms and support matters such as legal action, blacklisting buyers/sellers or identifying certain trade practices.

This will uniformly bring all good sellers at par to each other and will gain bargain power starting from buying packaging material to policy decisions eBay takes.

We pay every possible penny to eBay for the service. We are paying service taxes and personal taxes and that require us to have a right in determining the quality of service, protection and possible action against abusing people.
Message 4 of 10
latest reply

onlinemegamall_in
Community Member
I have just started selling on ebay a few days back and I have stopped creating auctions for the same reason. Let buyer pay and we start work.

Regards,
Onlinemegamall_in
Message 5 of 10
latest reply

lotmany
Community Member
Case 1: Bidding with paisapay payment options:
Buyer who want to bid has to enter their payment details (credit/debit/OFT) before they can complete the bid. Then paisapay will block their account (credit/bank) for the same.

Case 2: If they want to pay using 'Other modes', a deposit has to be made to their willing and buyer can bid only upto that amount in any no. of transactions.

In either case, eBay will release the Buyers (bid looser) funds back. For the buyer who won the bid, eBay will credit the Seller for the bid amount.

Always buyer should be allowed to withdraw themselves from the winning bid based on the need. Anyway, the bidder is being marked when bidder fails to make payment.

Regards
Message 6 of 10
latest reply

spl_ind
Community Member
@lotmany...
I like the last one - "buyer should be allowed to withdraw themselves from the winning bid based on the need".

It is similar to our political elections - withdrawing of nominations before elections.
Message 7 of 10
latest reply

ratnachhaya
Community Member
to:lotmany

you are right on each point but issue gets complicated by each additional parameter we add and play with it with "if", "then" "or" "not". Why make mess for simple solution ?

Lets just eBay ask buyers that

1) Create Slab for deposit.
if bid amount is say <5000.00, buyer needs to make 1000.00 initial deposit to Paisapay. Based on his choice to use that money while paying paisapay will process it.

if bid amount is >5K and <10K Deposit could be 2500.00

So on.

2) This amount will ensure buyer being responsible for his money. Note that why seller suffer as they bet on product, packing, listing and shipment at mercy of buyer. His maney at stake he will be equally responsible. At least we hope so.
Message 8 of 10
latest reply

abyaby10
Community Member
THIS IS NOTHING NEW SINCE I FEEL THAT EBAY IS TOTALLY BIASED TOWARDS THE BUYER. I AM A SELLER ON EBAY AND HAVE HAD A NUMBER OF DISCUSSIONS WHERE THEY CAN PROTECT A SELLER. BUT TO NO AVAIL. THEY HAVE A BUYER PROTECTION LISTED UNDER SITE MAP BUT NO SELLER PROTECTION IS LISTED. THEY FORGET THAT ALL FEES COLLECTED IS ONLY FROM THE SELLER RIGHT FROM THE LISTING FEES TO THE PAISA PAY FEES. YET WE SELLERS SUFFER. ITS HIGH TIME THAT THEY MAKE CHANGES FOR THE SELLER WHO IS PRIMARILY THEIR BREAD EARNER.
I STRONGLY FEEL LET THERE BE AN OPTION WHERE THE SELLER HAS A RIGHT TO BLOCK BIDS FROM 0 FEEDBACK SELLERS TO INFINITY AS TO WHAT THE SELLER FEELS BEST FOR HIM. THEY ONLY HAVE AN OPTION TO BLOCK -0 FEEDBACK BUYERS. I DO NOT UNDERSTAND WHAT THAT MEANS BUT WAS TOLD IT MEANS A NEGATIVE FEEDBACK.
Message 9 of 10
latest reply

chrisbernard2004
Community Member
dear e-bay member, this is for your notice that 10rs 3 peacock note lot of duplicate, 3rd peacock they have done screen printing, i bought one for rs,1565/- note is original, but 3rd peacock is screen print,i have taken screen short of two different sellers note,
i cant insert the same,
be careful.
happy buying,
regards,
chris.
Message 10 of 10
latest reply