cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay.in account restricted due to Paypal PAN issue?anyone faced this ?

Hi
On 21st of February,my ebay account was restricted and my all listings were ended.Now I am unable to list any item.When I contacted ebay,they said its the issue with paypal and i need to resolve it first.
Then I contacted paypal and they said that my Pan was invalid as it did not matches to my second name in bank account.
I then updated everything including PAN,bank account etc.
Now they say they are verifying the pan details.Still I cannot list any items.
I dont know from where this Paypal thing came into play although I was selling just in India and nothing overseas.
Has anyone faced similar situation.Please help me
Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

I mean on 21 of January and not February.:|
Message 2 of 7
latest reply

sportsnoutdoorsindia
Community Member
Hi I am also facing the same problem. i have no idea what to do? The account i am working on is a business account and I am an employee who is handling the ebay account. I think This Ebay is going to take my job.

I am fed up.:-(
Message 3 of 7
latest reply

Oh.I feel bad for you.Even my PAN verification is completed,still my account is restricted.Paypal told me that the claim has been escalated to related deptt. but they keep telling me to wait.I think they even dont know what happened to my ebay account.
Message 4 of 7
latest reply

Hi,

If you have bought from International Sellers using your credit card or debit card, then your email ID associated (attached)with your eBay account has been automatically considered as your PayPal account.

You may have used a credit card to purchase an item from USA, UK or China but the seller received the payment from a PayPal ID that was automatically created.

Now let us assume that your credit card / debit card falls under any of the below situations --

1) Expired
2) Cancelled
3) You blocked it as it was lost / stolen etc..
4) High Outstanding which you have not paid (in case of CC) (sorry, I don't mean to insult)

In such situation, PayPal will put a block on that email ID which it automatically took as your PayPal ID to complete your buying transactions.

Therefore, even if you update PAN details on your PayPal account, it may not get verified and the problem will persist.

RESOLUTION:

Check which card / bank account was used to make your international payments. If these are not active, then change the credit card or bank account attached to your PayPal account.

Let me know if you still face any issue.

Kind Regards,
MB

PS - Please do not send me any message via eBay messages. Do not try to contact me on phone or email. Please send any message through this forum only.
Message 5 of 7
latest reply

Paypal is a mess. You can try tweeting @askpaypal via twitter and they respond quicker.
Message 6 of 7
latest reply

I just closed my Paypal account and reopened it with same email ID.After verification,I contacted ebay.in and my account is working now.Thanks everyone.
Message 7 of 7
latest reply