cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EXTRA SURCHARGE ON PAY PAL BY INDIAN SELLERS ILLEGAL?????????

goldmohour
Community Member
hello,
all of my listings say that I charge 6% extra for pay pal..why have you removed only some of them...mind you it is illegal to cancel on this ground as pay pal doesnt come under the ORDINARY modes of payment mentioned in the ebay rules....ACCORDING TO LAW YOU HAVE NOT SPECIFIED PAY PAL AND BENEFIT OF DOUBT GOES TO ME.AND PAY PAL DOESNT COME UNDER ANY MODE OF ""ORDINARY"" PAYMENT METHOD MENTIONED IN EBAY RULES.
IF PAY PAL IS ALLOWED BY INDIAN SELLERS THEIR SLAES VOLUME WILL INCREASE AS THE FOREIGN BUYER IS PSYCOLOGICALLY AFRAID OF AN ALIEN PAISA PAY. I WOULD REQUEST THE SENIORS TO LOOK INTO IT.
many of the foreigners charge extra money on pay pal.
YOU CANNOT REMOVE MY LISTINGS ON THIS GROUND...IT IS A VIOLATION OF EBAY AGREEMENT...
thanks,
pallav.
Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

snrama
Community Member
Hello,

Acually I think that thought its legal in india, ebay basically is from US and its illegal according to us. ---------------
With Regards,
Snrama 😉
---------------
With Regards,
Navaneeth (snrama) 😉
Message 2 of 6
latest reply

stepford_wyfe
Community Member
Here's my answer to your other post:

http://forums.ebay.in/thread.jspa?threadID=300001641&tstart=0&mod=1131637915394
Message 3 of 6
latest reply

kathiesklown1970
Community Member
Hi goldmohour!

PayPal has the surcharge policy due to the laws in the US, they are based in California & they have to follow the law there.

Which PayPal site do you use? Is the Surcharge policy stated in that User Agreement?

Kathie 🙂
Kathie
Message 4 of 6
latest reply

runalaila_in1
Community Member
In clear concise terms the issue is not " whether you get surcharged for paypal transaction or not " but if you do incur any incedental charges ,any charges such as accepting domestic outstation cheques where too you incur an extra charge, all you have to do build it into your listing price ... thats what ebay India rules are !
they are not against you charging extra for paypal , but do not mention in your listings , as overall it gives a bad buying experience for the buyer !
Message 5 of 6
latest reply

kathiesklown1970
Community Member
runalaila_in1 is exactly right, I should have said that in my post. 😄

This is from the US site:

Sellers may not charge eBay buyers an additional fee for their use of ordinary forms of payment, including acceptance of checks, money orders, electronic transfers or credit cards. Such costs should be built into the price of the item.

Kathie 🙂
Kathie
Message 6 of 6
latest reply