cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contemplation On Legal Action Against eBay India

prafulstore9769
Community Member
Dear Community,

In my earlier post, i wrote about the way ebay has been over billing my account and also charging me for things which were to be free. I have been over billed in the following cases:

1. I have been charged for seller manager pro when it was supposed to be for free for first 30 days. (Invoice For Proof)

2. I have been charges for featured shop which was also supposed to be for free for first 30 days.(Invoice For Proof)

3. Ebay clearly states that seller can list over the maximum charges of Rs.1500/- for free. They have charged me more that the Rs.1500/- amount. It is mentioned here:

"The maximum listing fees you can pay in a month is Rs. 1500. So if your listing fees exceeds Rs.1500 in a month, you can list additional items (over and above the maximum cap of Rs 1500) for free."
Link: http://pages.ebay.in/help/account/fees.html

4. I have already made a payment of Rs.2000/- via credit card at the end of last month (September). My charges should have been Rs.1500/- (Max Listing Fee) + Rs.271/- (Final Value Fee) + Rs.219/- (Sevice Tax Inc. Edu. Cess). Total Rs.1990/-.

However despite the above and repeated complaints to ebay and also email to their INRSWEBHELP@EBAY.COM id, there is no one to assist me.

One Mr. Nitin Bane from their billing team has already stated to me that it is their policy that I have to make full payment over the Rs.1500/- amount and get credit next month. The ebay website and help pages state otherwise as above.

Though I have made my payment, their invoices state otherwise.

I am contemplating on legal action and moving court against ebay on their unjust and unfair policy specially to new sellers. Should any sellers have experienced similar problems, please feel free to write to me on prafulstore@gmail.com

Regards,
Sahil Rewari
For The Praful Store
Message 1 of 28
latest reply
27 REPLIES 27

Re: Contemplation On Legal Action Against eBay India

murari2013
Community Member
please negative feed back removed it.
Message 21 of 28
latest reply

I bought a mobile phone from Ebay worth INR 28,000 on 13 Nov. The seller shipped a wrong product after 1 week of sale date. I tried to contacted him on phone and email but no response from his side. I raised a claim against it on 21 Nov to  get refund of my money. 

It's one month past , I am following the  Ebay via chat  everyday since and escalated issue many time but no response from ebay. I also send mail to insellerverification@ebay.com 5 days ago with images of wrong product delivered. I am tired of contacting ebay everyday and get no resolution from it.

The purchase details are as follows:
Claim ID:339258
PaisaPay ID:34993736602
Item number:331064923350

I am writing this mail as final try to make thing sort out. After that I will proceed with legal steps to sort out this ; As It's huge amount and can't afford to give such a  charity to ebay.

It's my humble request to refund my full money(already covered with 100% money back guarantee ) ASAP. RESOLVE IT.

Message 22 of 28
latest reply

Hello Sellers, Since July 2013 I am trying to sell stuffs on EBAY.IN

starting2 months I got good orders and then trouble started, Slag in market, Buyers dont leave u FEEDBACKS and then too those who leave have some unreal problem unrelated to products and they blame sellers for the same, and ebay being only baised to Buyers, in the end Sellers have to suffer, since 2 months I hv furnished only 4 real order and had to refund 3-4 buyers as either their area was not servible thru powership (low cost shipping) or sometime spray paints cannot be carried thru flights (recent restriction )

I was always in communication with my buyers.

Now EBAY.IN has restricted any listing from my account for one month because I hv received low raitng etc from buyers,

I dont understand, I hv all positive feedbacks and I didnt made much sales in last 2 months, plus I hv been honest with my buyers to avoid future troubles, but still I got this from ebay.in

I m really reconsidering to concentrate on other selling sites, as in every aspect EBAY is costlier and biased.

Feeling totally demotivated

Message 23 of 28
latest reply

I have experienced deceptive, Demonic, satanic ie: " Lying " experience from the billing team several time...At one time a customer care executive called me and talked me into organizing false feedbacks for my new Id so that buyers could be received into buying from my shop...And he got it done for me.....Four to five big transaction amount false feedbacks..I have bacj up for this.....They use all their demonic tricks to deceive new sellers.. Kind of a blackmail......For small amount of 700 to 1000.00 a seller wont go to court............
Message 24 of 28
latest reply

We have the same issues, since August 2015 Ebay holds back our payments of around 90'000 RS. We ask for transfer of those funds according to their terms and conditions which means that around 2 weeks after a deal is done the funds should be transferred in to our account by Ebay, unfortunatly those seems to be empty promisses, atleast for small sellers like us but this promisse probably will be fullfilled towards bigger sellers since Ebay does not want to loose their confidence in their service. Our account is not suspended yet but probably soon it will be since we do not pay anymore their fees for lisiting our items, why should we? We are doing business to keep our business running and are happy if the Ebay plattform can get a share of it to keep their service running, but it does not make sense in any way to serve only Ebay and dye in this process since every input of buying the sold material, shipping the same is on our account but the whole amount gos to Ebay. Countless mails demanding transfer ot those funds are all ignored since a couple of months till date. 

Dear Akislesh, we have some connections to newspapers and other medias, maybe we should go public with this issue. Our company is not small with 12 branches allover India and we have our connections to make this happen. If we don't get paid we should publicly warn others not to do the same mistake like we did.

Contact me if you are interested.

Daniel Eberli 

Message 25 of 28
latest reply

shasatvi
Community Member
I want to purchase blue 100% original flip cover of htc desire 826 but i have got totally wrong cover here i have paid 322 rs fully n i m not getting right flip cover so it's very bad from ebay sight what to do next for right flip cover with dot view tell me
Message 26 of 28
latest reply

shasatvi
Community Member
I want to purchase blue 100% original flip cover of htc desire 826 but i have got totally wrong cover here i have paid 322 rs fully n i m not getting right flip cover so it's very bad from ebay sight what to do next for right flip cover with dot view tell me
Message 27 of 28
latest reply

kamrag_0
Community Member

ebay has gone faar beyond its legal limits and since in india there is weak legal and judiciary system they abuse the situation and take advantages i have recieved an fake faulty item and they force me to take my money back in term of coupon and in next purchase they send item which clearly mention on that not for resale and now they wont give back my actual money seriously every one should inform their friends and families about ebay to avoid buy any thing from it

Message 28 of 28
latest reply