Buyers not leaving feddback

We are relatively new sellers on eBay.like most of new sellers it was a bit difficult to get through all the rules and regulations of selling on eBay.quantity limits,value of items you can sell etc etc.
but the biggest problem we are facing and like wise new sellers are facing is the buyers leaving a feedback.
we have sold over 70 item and received 16 feedback so far.even after sending reminders buyers are not leaving a feedback.
new sellers will know how eBay feedback system works.
for opening eBay store you need minimum 5 feedback.for platinum remittance you need minimum 25 feedback and so on for every upgradition in eBay you need feedbacks.
now eBay says feedback is voluntarily and the buyer is under no obligation to leave a feedback.
so If a seller is doing good business and receives very few or no feedback,how are they able to grow and upgrade themselves.
eBay should give a default automated rating to seller if buyer fails to give a feedback Or remove the upgrades related with feedback system.
my fellow sellers kindly put your tboughts.
Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Re: Buyers not leaving feddback

Like you said, feedback is voluntary. Even if eBay wanted to make it compulsory, there's no realistic way to force a buyer to leave a feedback. And it works both ways. For example, I've bought hundreds of items from eBay over the years, but my feedback count is only 122 at the moment, which means that sellers are as negligent as buyers about leaving feedback.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Re: Buyers not leaving feddback

1.sellers can not leave a negative feedback,whereas buyers can.
2.just imagine someone selling 100 items and receiving 10 feedback the feedback score is 100% and if he gets 1 negative that score reduces to 90.9%.if that person would have received all the 100 feedbacks than even after 1 negative he would be 99%
3.ebays system for sellers is for every growth to become a bronze,silver,gold,platinum rated seller,remittance etc you are judged on the number of feedback and % of rating.so if buyers are not giving the feedback.how can a seller grow.
Message 3 of 3
latest reply