cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buyer Claims Content Missing from a package sent thru speedpost

We dispatched a Sandisk 16GB Pendrive through Speedpost for a customer in chennai (Mangadu). The buyer claimed that the package did not contain the pendrive.

We have been using Speedpost for over 3 years & there has been no thefts/pilferage so far. Has anyone faced a similar issue. I don't think if we go back to the post office they will listen to the concern since the buyer signed & accepted the package. Any ideas on how to go about this ?

Regards
Manish
Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

c153niyam
Community Member
hmm..interesting ..please get back to us with the final resolution etc. also your complaint to ebay, post office etc.
Message 2 of 11
latest reply

Most such cases, buyer not telling the truth. I have such experience. Buyer receives on 6th and on 23rd says he has not received. Also Chennai is good location. TN is not Lallooland.
Message 3 of 11
latest reply

spl_ind
Community Member
Nothing can be done as the buyer has accepted the package. If the item does not cost much to you then I would advice you to send him another one for free. But this time insure it and also advice the buyer not to accept the package if the item is broken or missing.
Message 4 of 11
latest reply

@ spl_ind

The price was Rs.1450
If don't refund or send a new one buyer will open some case on ebay & the ebay representative (ignorant guys) dealing will ask for POD. Getting POD (Proof Of Delivery) from postal department is almost an impossible task.

@amitava123gems

I know in such cases buyers lie. But was is the re-course. Sellers are completely exposed in such scenarios. To maintain the sellers account in good standing, most sellers will quietly take a loss.

@c153niyam

Will post the resolution once it is settled.

Guess sellers have no choice but to build that into the costing. 😞

- Manish
Message 5 of 11
latest reply

Hi Manish,
I know you are being taken for a ride.I dont have a solution for you.Only God can save your loss.Ebay will probably not help you.
Speedpost gives you a receipt, that mentions weight. See if that helps. Well I really dont know.
Thanx,
Truly,
Amitava
Message 6 of 11
latest reply

mkanjani
Community Member
Hi all,

I have faced similar such issues, all of the cases were concerned with delivery for PUNE.

The speedpost guys at PUNE, steal the stuff from inside, and amazingly re-pack as it is.

Unfortunately, can't file a complaint with postal authorities, as I am dealing in Coins & Notes, shipment of which is not allowed as per Indian Postal Rules & Regulations.

It is only this time, that the buyer has filed a negative feedback, but I am surprised with his negative and remark as ""CHEATER!!! ... This seller sends only empty envelopes and does not send any item""

I am in a state of shock, that even after he has been allowed refund of Rs. 932 paid by him, still, this deadly abusing feedback.

I have requested my esteemed buyer to revise.

God bless All !!

regards
Message 7 of 11
latest reply

spl_ind
Community Member
Shipping of Coins & Notes via India Post should be made legal. Recently eBay solved a dispute with RBI against PayPal. eBay should talk to India Post and solve this ASAP.
Message 8 of 11
latest reply

@mkanjani...

Sir, please use ebay plastic bags, such incidence will reduce, even I was facing the same issue but since I have started ebay plastic bags such cases have stopped. You can give it a try.
Regards.
Raj Electroniks.
Message 9 of 11
latest reply

yazad_healthcare
Community Member
I fully support you. There is no seller protection as I have known here on ebay.in. I sold a used Nokia E90 for Rs 8000, which was not refurbished, or repaired, but it had paint peel off and re-buffed with new black colour. The buyer received the item, started using it and did not confirm delivery on ebay. Now he says I will return the item because the paint is comming off. I had clearly mentioned about the condition of the handset and also that the phone will not be accepted as return or refund.

So he wants to unofficially retain the phone and also avoid paying for the item. I will never sell anything again on ebay in future. God knows what he will do with my phone and when and how will I ever get it back.
Message 10 of 11
latest reply