Bluedart installed Volumetric machine

Hello friends.

Bluedart has installed new machine which calculates volume of a parcel.

Now whats funny part is, even if you send 20 gram cell in it in 2 number poly bag of ebay, they will charge 1kg on it, as they will calculate the size of polybag not the size of product.

In single day we have been charged 1.5 kg on more than 10 products like moues and pen drives.

We visited bluedart office just to see why we are getting charged on regular basis, they said it has been installed in most of big cities and this is the only way we will charge.

Now what seller do? seller is getting crused from all direction, how can one give 1.5kg shipping on 200 rupee mouse?

Share your experience 

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

We, the sellers, can't really do much in this case since it's the courier companies decision to charge volumetric weight for every parcel and these companies have every right to do so (even without prior information).

What you can do is forward the concerns to eBay and Powership team so that either they can follow it up with Blue Dart to get a resolution or change the rates esp for Blue Dart shipments.

Till then, I suggest you to fold and tape the parcel/pouch in such a way that it occupies the least surface area, I mean, even for a pen drive, fold the pouch and tape it so that it looks like an envelope.

I haven't yet faced this issue but I've always done this while packing, yes, this will increase the time to pack BUT the handling will be easier and there will be less chances of damage since there will be very less movement inside the pouch.

Also, instead of a outer cardboard box, use corrugated sheets, they are lightweight, flexible and provide reasonably good protection.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

We have been doing compact packing since begining, a pen drive can not go 1.5kg or mouse can not go 1.5kg even in volumetric, that the major concern the boy who sits on computer and uses that machines does not puts parcel properly and applies random weight.

We have no issue with volumetric weight, problem is that they are not calculating volume properly. i personally check every parcel in dimension, 90% parcel are below 500 gram, and they are still putting 1kg to 1.5kg on those items.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply