cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Behaviour on Indiapost Booking Counter Getting Worst Day by Day.

Hi friends,
I use to ship all my order through Indiapost.Few days back a new face has come to the booking counter of my post office.At start everything was fine.
One day I had around 9 parcels to ship.He took 3 & ask me go back in the line once again to other 3 parcels & once for the other 3.I refused & argued with him that this is not fair I wont do that so he accepted after making faces.After that when I went to ship my parcels he says Barcodes are not available so I will need to get them.He made me angry once again I tried politely to make him understand that its there job to have barcodes in sufficient quantity not mine but he argued.
Next day to it again I went & he done the same said we are out of barcodes.
So i went to other post office to got some barcodes & then again he is asking the stupid If I have more parcels than 3 I need to go back in line to additional 3 parcels.
Guys I am really sick out of this guy.Please suggest what should I do.Everytime he is trying to deny my parcels.I am affraid if he may get beaten by me for sure & very soon.
This guys are taking there family frustations on us.I am not that kind of person who will get dominated.
Still wait for your suggestion to do take further action.

Optical Storm
Message 1 of 18
latest reply
17 REPLIES 17

c153niyam
Community Member
every post office (at least in Mumbai) has a very prominently displayed sign about the "DO NOT BRIBE" situation. ALSO if u have issues u can look in the notice board at ur post office and take the matter to the "Dak Adaalat" all details are there on the wall at ur local post office.
India post is efficient and omnipresent to serve almost every location in India - sometimes slow but highly reliable in my opinion.
Message 11 of 18
latest reply

snrama
Community Member
Hi optical-storm,

I am using India Post Service from past 7 years, I send 5-10 parcels every day.

I can understand that there are some rude staff who doesn't cooperate with their customers.

Just take his name, inform Post Master in a written letter at head office of your city. But don't loose patience while dealing with them. ---------------
With Regards,
Navaneeth (snrama) 😉
---------------
With Regards,
Navaneeth (snrama) 😉
Message 12 of 18
latest reply

to deal with indian post u sud be having capacity to wait
we cant expect service which we get from courier company
Message 13 of 18
latest reply

Stand at the wholesale (bulk) counter.
Message 14 of 18
latest reply

electro.bazaar
Community Member
I sometimes get it done by agent, find an agent and start giving parcels through him.
Regards
Abhishek Mitra
Message 15 of 18
latest reply

spl_ind
Community Member
Giving Gifts or Money may be Illegal. However, giving little money as tips to the clerk might make him happy. Like we give tips to the waiter. When he returns the change and if its less than Rs.5 then just say "Keep the change". I bet he will treat you better.
Message 16 of 18
latest reply

you say they will feel happy with Rs. 5 tip
they ask for bribe in thousands not 5 or 10 Rs. "Lord, I have done many things wrong. I am guilty, but to show your goodness, forgive me for everything I did. When people choose to follow the Lord, he shows them the best way to live.”
·:*¨¨*:·.God·:*¨¨*:·.Bless·:*¨¨*:·.Us·:*¨¨*:·.All·:*¨¨*:·.
"Lord, I have done many things wrong. I am guilty, but to show your goodness, forgive me for everything I did. When people choose to follow the Lord, he shows them the best way to live.”
·:*¨¨*:·.God·:*¨¨*:·.Bless·:*¨¨*:·.Us·:*¨¨*:·.All·:*¨¨*:·.
Message 17 of 18
latest reply

i also use speed post but i never bribe them
some time i too give them tips like he can keep the change
Message 18 of 18
latest reply