Bad Search Experience in Mobiles Category

mobilesstores
Community Member
Dear Ebay,

I wanted to provide my feedback regarding mobiles category. Off late i see so many memory cards been listed in mobiles category that it feels like the search is throwing up junk when someone is searching for mobiles. Thee are some experience sellers who are selling memory cards in this category which i feel should be immediately stopped. See listing numbers to name a few.

Please take action at the earliest as it spoils the entire buyer experience.

Thanks,
Mobilesstores
Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

snrama
Community Member
Hi Mobilesstores,

Some sellers are afraid of competition. Thus they list in other categories and get the sales. By doing this, prompt sellers (in both categories) gets affected from sales. ---------------
With Regards,
Navaneeth (snrama) 😉
---------------
With Regards,
Navaneeth (snrama) 😉
Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Hi

Rightly said by mobilesstores.

I have reported the same to my Account Manager. Hope he will patch it as ealry as possible.

Thank U!
Faheem
Message 3 of 7
latest reply

mobilesstores
Community Member
Thanks Faheem and Navneet,

Today i checked the 1 Re Auction banner on home page and clicked the mobile picture just to find loads and load of memory card listed under it. I couldnt find any good mobile deals.

I am sure somewhere it is affecting our business and Ebay should do something about it very quick. I am not able to search for my listingsonly and wonder how someone else will do that.

Thanks,
Mobilesstores
Message 4 of 7
latest reply

akaggarwal_eshop
Community Member
This is actually quite a big problem on eBay where sellers mis-categorize deliberately for better search placements. For example when listing an iPod shuffle for sale recently, i noticed the "iPod Shuffle 1GB" category full of listings of cheap chinese knock-offs.
Apart from hurting genuine sellers, this also confuses the buyer and many new buyers also end up being cheated. I personally report all such items to eBay i come across when listing my own items and i request all sellers to do the same.

With a little cooperation and swift action from eBay's side, we can reduce this issue.
Message 5 of 7
latest reply

mobilesstores
Community Member
Hello Ebay & Indraneel,

Can you please look in to this problem which genuine sellers are facing and take action pls at the earliest.

Thanks,
Mobilesstores
Message 6 of 7
latest reply

indraneel@ebay.com
Community Member
Hi mobilesstores,

Thank you for highlighting the miscategorised listings in the mobiles category. This has surely helped us in our effort to keep the marketplace clean.

We have done the needful and have removed those items for miscategorisation.

Once again, thank you for your support.

Keep Posting!!

Regards,
Indraneel
Message 7 of 7
latest reply