Another Ebay / Paypal Joke

Today,
I have received email from paypal quoting that my PAN is invalid.
My PAN is perfectly valid and can be checked at Income tax website of Indian Govt (NO NEED TO HIRE A THIRD PARTY TO VALIDATE THE PAN).
My PAN is AA******1Q and is in my name (same name used in paypal) and with correct date of birth.

I think paypal system is unable to verify right PAN numbers and trageting vlaid accounts and how can i submit another PAN when current one is the only and right one. Now, all i can do is fax the scanned copy of PAN card.

Any body from ebay / PAYPAL reading.

thanks
Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Dear Members,

We would request you to wait for a communication from the PayPal team.

Alternatively, you can reach out to the PayPal customer Support team by following the steps mentioned below.

1)Logon to PayPal
2)Click on “Contact us” at the bottom of the page
3)You can speak to the PayPal team by clicking on the link “Call us “ or write to them by clicking on the "Send us" link.

Regards,
Seema
Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Hi all,

Same with me too. Seema, I have written to PayPal customer support yesterday itself but not yet received any response.

All sales and item relistings have been restricted for PayPal transactions. So, no business till PayPal resumes its service to Indian Sellers.

There is no PayPal CS's e-mail address to attach the scanned copy and send it to them for their preview.

Also, I have just one PayPal account and I have provided my correct PAN information to them.

Hope this issue gets resolved soon otherwise we are going to loose international business.

eBay India should contact PayPal to help out Indian Sellers from their end.

Regards,

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

havenindia
Community Member
Hi, emailing PayPal does not work. You need to Call them.

My Pan was also said to be "invalid", I was unable to resolve the issue.

Paypal sent my balance out in cheques after 3 months and have now Permanently limited the account.

When I asked why - they responded with "Your security risk is too high, we have decided to Part Ways with you as a customer"

when I asked on what information did they base the decision - they responded with "We reserve the right not to disclose the information to you"

PayPal are not good, I only used them because my International customers prefer to pay with them.

I have now resigned to using PaisaPay or Moneybookers.

Note to all - If your Pan name does not exactly match your PayPal name on account - you will lose PayPal.
Message 4 of 4
latest reply