cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alert Regarding Suspected Professional Fraud Scammer Buyer

We would like to report a suspected fraud being done by a buyer with different IDs.

The buyer has already got his claim approved for a manufacturer warranty product and now filed claim with another ID after product receipt for a Manufacturer warranty product.

The similarity between both IDs are as below i.e.

1. Both IDs from HP.
2. Both IDs are from nearby towns of HP.
3. Both IDs are created in this month.
4. Both IDs are identical in appearance.
5. Both IDs ordered same company product.
6. Both IDs raised money back claim immediately on receipt of product.
7. Both IDs sends one liner message on eBay and do the rest of talking via SMS or phone to avoid getting caught by eBay.

The buyer gave negative feedback from first ID after filing claim. We won't be susprised if he does the same with second ID to extort seller.

The buyer also give negative follow-ups to his feedback and give message to remove his feedback after getting his claim approved to keep his profile clean.

The matter has also been reported to eBay for the needful.

-------
Expect the best.
Message 1 of 9
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Ebay is neither consulting seller nor sending any action required alerts before closing the claim

The following thread is posted by buyer from another ID when eBay has already refund his money of same ID last week and he also kept the product with him only.

http://community.ebay.in/t5/Buying-on-eBay-India/EBAY-IN-SELLER-FRAUD/m-p/109667#U109667

This also confirms that these both IDs are co-related.

----------

Interestingly, he earlier gave us the following message without our following through eBay to keep his same ID clean i.e.

"remove negative feedback concerns resolved by seller tccindia"

Buyer Message.jpg

Smiley Happy

-------
Expect the best.

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Ebay is neither consulting seller nor sending any action required alerts before closing the claim

As expected, the buyer has again given negative feedback while claiming for receipt of duplicate branded product.

We asked him through eBay to provide the product photographs and also told him a Rs.10,000/- award from our side, if he can prove his statement to which he replied i.e.

"let ebay decide and please cooperate"

Smiley Happy

-------
Expect the best.
Message 2 of 9
latest reply

asingh676
Community Member
SHAME ON U Seller!!!! Send different item for what a buyers pays for u r fraud not me
Message 3 of 9
latest reply

The buyer need to reply with proof of what he received before raising fake claims, extorting seller and eBay.

http://community.ebay.in/t5/Buying-on-eBay-India/BUYERS-Beware-seller-tccindia-SELLER-Pro-FRaud/m-p/...

-------
Expect the best.
Message 4 of 9
latest reply

The following thread is posted by buyer from another ID when eBay has already refund his money of same ID last week and he also kept the product with him only.

http://community.ebay.in/t5/Buying-on-eBay-India/EBAY-IN-SELLER-FRAUD/m-p/109667#U109667

This also confirms that these both IDs are co-related.

----------

Interestingly, he earlier gave us the following message without our following through eBay to keep his same ID clean i.e.

"remove negative feedback concerns resolved by seller tccindia"

Buyer Message.jpg

Smiley Happy

-------
Expect the best.
Message 5 of 9
latest reply

i have also been through this and also informed ebay regarding the same scam and ebay has blocked his id... btw may i know which buyer id u talking about

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

Hi

eBay's policy to accept refund without sufficient investigation is very troublesome.

I have come accross a similar case where buyer raised the claim even before the item was delivered.

And in a week's time refund was granted by eBay. Money was refunded. I did not suffer in the transaction as eBay paid me under seller protection. But still the question remains - Are there any norms? Why a refund is accepted without consulting the seller?

Most of the sellers are honest. Some are here for fraud & ebay must be having some method to identify them.

But to me, accepting a claim by eBay without even consulting the seller is nor a good way . . .

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

Ebay should ask seller send alerts like action required  before closing the claim. Not sure why it hardly does that.

Here is an interesting chat transcript when I asked ebay why it is not asking seller update before closing claim.

Buyer Got full refund and we lost shipping charges for the unclaimed item.

Urvashi C.

Welcome to eBay Live Chat support. My name is Urvashi. How may I assist you today?

shoppers_paradise4u

Hi

shoppers_paradise4u

This is regarding claim Id:338557

shoppers_paradise4u

I am a seller . Ebay closed this claim without asking anything from me

Urvashi C.

As i can see that the claim is closed stating "No response from Seller - Claim Approved".

shoppers_paradise4u

The item returned unclaimed to us from buyer

shoppers_paradise4u

So far i got only two mails form ebay claim open and claim closed. None of the email asking my action

Urvashi C.

while investigating on Claim the tracking was showing asRTO and even there was no update from your end against reshipment of item.

shoppers_paradise4u

we did not reship the item but the item returned unclaimed so we lost the shipping charges

shoppers_paradise4u

ebay should have asked my side of the story before closing the claim

Urvashi C.

Sorry I'm not getting you ?

Urvashi C.

If contacts the uyer against item received or not as the buyer has claimed againts the seller.

Urvashi C.

However, the updates needs to be updated to ebay guarantee from sellers end.

shoppers_paradise4u

but the ebay should send us an email asking the update

Urvashi C.

eBay only contacts the buyer first and if the item is RTo and still the seller doesn't provides any update against reshipment or any update to resolve buyer's issue then refund gets approved.

shoppers_paradise4u

but my question is why ebay is not asking us about the update

Urvashi C.

As the claim is filed against the seller.

Urvashi C.

So seller needs to contact ebay to provide resolution on claims.

shoppers_paradise4u

Did ebay mention this in the claim opening email

shoppers_paradise4u

We cannot assume what ebay wants

Urvashi C.

ebay sends automated email to the seller when a buyer files claim.

Urvashi C.

And if the tracking shows the item is RTO and no communication was found from sellers end against the claim then ebay guarantee closes the claim.

shoppers_paradise4u

thats correct but you ebay no where mention that seller should contact ebay

shoppers_paradise4u

at least an alert from ebay should come to a seller before closing the claim

shoppers_paradise4u

or in the automated email ebay should ask seller to contact and provide further information. No such thing in mentioned in the claim opening email

Urvashi C.

When a buyer files a claim against the seller 7days of cooling time is given to the seller to provide update on claim file.

Urvashi C.

During this time a claim adjuster also gets alotted for claim to investigate on it.

Urvashi C.

As filed claim stating "Item not received".

Urvashi C.

So first Claim adjuster views tracking details and then the update provided from sellers end dursing cooling time.

shoppers_paradise4u

where did ebay mention this or asked further information from seller

Urvashi C.

And if in a case where item is RTO and there is no communication gets updated from seller's end then the transaction gets approved in the buyer's favour.

Chat Session Ended, Goodbye. (5010)

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

you pasted/mentioned staff name in message, **bleep** will comes and remove that soon from posts.

anyway, ebay has certainly become a victim of "fraudulent claims"

in my recent case, product was checked twice, first with muti-meter, second time using phone and amplifier which is on my table itself.

packed in bubble wrap and sent, same day when it got delivered, the customer opens a claim.

Atleast I know customer encashed the opportunity provided by ebay to LOOT the seller,

and if the item damaged in transit, why don't ebay kick the shipping partner to save you, this will never happen.

the seller protection program is a joke, cause ebay claim interface will not let you write even a oops in it

next you will get email that claim has been approved, sometimes even stating we called you on 9999xxxxxx

which is not even the sellers registered or owned number, but ebay have to approve it, and they will.

Now the "seller protection"
cheated buyer will keep the item, take his money back, wait you are covered.

but has anyone noticed, what happens to the money credited to you under protection 

wait about a month and same amount will be DEDUCTED from your account.

Ebay will never, read it, NEVER work a single step to get you the ITEM shipped back, cause they cannot make the fraudster 

customer unhappy.

so whle you thought you are covered, its ebay who's smartly looted you cause

1). All buyers are GOD 

2) All sellers are Cheaters.

Remember the above "Thumb Rule"

if you are a seller, you are CHEATER, and Fraud who works hard and shops for damaged items from local/intracity suppliers

cause we cheater have family business of looting people, no matter how perfect is your other store rating may be, based on same product you tried to sell on ebay, You are a fraud with no mistake of yours and no chance of explanation.

one more thing which eBay should implement, but WAIT, they'll NEVER....

eBay acts so super fast to give buyers a refund, why doesn't they call up the buyer to leave feedback also.

why not have a system where, if you do not leave feedback in 21 days, the seller would be given +ve Feedback by system

cause

1). if the item is deffective, customer will take no longer than 12-24 hours to raise a claim

2). it item is delivered the customer will have checked it in 21 days atleast, 

it should be similar system like non-powershipped orders where customer gets item but is lazy to confirm that in ebay panel, but ebay treats it as "delievered" after almost 14 days.

and one fine day your account would be LIMITED cause customers didn't left you feedback.

If everything is done by sellers, what good you are doing by charging commissions, and not being fair here ??????

eBay charges money from sellers, you are greatest LORDS of online selling but still you don't have a system to let sellers feel better and you are kept on edge to be kicked anytime without a single mistake of sellers.

what it looks like to me is ebay is working real hard to make it as limited to Indians what paypal did.

Message 9 of 9
latest reply