Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

PaisaPay Issues and Clarifications

sapana@ebay.com
eBay Employee
eBay Employee
Dear Users,

Recently we have been receiving lot of issues and queries regarding PaisaPay from our community members. On behalf of the PaisaPay team I will like to provide some clarifications:

Paisa Pay Payments showing Pending Status: We are having some difficulty with HDFC payments, which is why they are showing in pending status. We are working to resolve the issue as soon as possible, and will keep the community updated on any developments.

PaisaPay Logo not showing: In the new Sell Form, the sellers have the option of choosing the listings in which he wants to offer PaisaPay. If you are not able to see PaisaPay logo in some of your listings, then probably you have not tick marked that option while filling up your sell form. We will request you to check this on your listings, and if still there are problems, please let us know with the relevant details, so that we can investigate the problem further. To contact the Customer Helpdesk, please visit:
http://pages.ebay.in/help/contact_inline/index.html

PaisaPay Support Contact: To contact PaisaPay support the users can use the PaisaPay link in the Contact Us Wizard.
In Top Box, you will need to select "Ask about Bidding and Buying", in 2nd Box, the 7th item is PaisaPay, and in the 3rd Box you can choose the relevant problem.

Payments Cycle of PaisaPay: For all, the Baazee related transactions, the Payments cycle will be of 15 days. However, for all eBay related transactions, the Payments cycle will be of 7 days.

Safety with Paisapay: PaisaPay uses payment gateway provided by leading banks like ICICI, HDFC, Citibank, etc, which offers most secure internet banking mechanism. In addition we also have Verisign 128 bit encryption, which ensures that all your sensitive information is encrypted. Regarding Faxing your Credit Card Details to PaisaPay, we will like to clarify, that all Faxes come to a secure server, and only authorized eBay employees have access to them.

Warm Regards
Sapana
Community Development Team
Message 1 of 51
latest reply
50 REPLIES 50

Re: PaisaPay Issues and Clarifications

infeon
Community Member
Dearest Sapna

Thank you for taking time to reassure us sellers. Will i be able to receive my Pending HDFC Payments after the problem is resolved ?? Or should i ask my clients to place a fresh order ?

I hope this is corrected fast, as a lot of customers are losing faith in using paisapay, a service that is supposed to be FAST, SAFE, AND CONVINIENT.

Also, i have a pending payment of Rs 390 from paisapay ( bazee ) on 16 March 2005. When will i receive this ?

Thanking You

Tarun Markose
Infeon
Message 2 of 51
latest reply

tsange56
Community Member
Dear Sapana,

Thank you for these informations.

As I was the first one to post about the faxing problem, I can confirm that it finally worked for my first transaction on eBay India and that the fax number +91 22 5669 0001 was not a fraud number.

But I was asked again to send a fax at my second transaction and can read today in this forum that I am not the only one. So I really hope that Paisapay peaple understand that _it_gives_in_no_way_any_additional_security_to_anyone to send hardcopy data of a credit card, but compromises the security of the credit card account, because

- users get confident in clicking on links in mails, what makes spoof mails very easy

- the more copies exist, the more there is a risk that one of them could be stolen one day

The other point is the "high amount"-question. Up to what amount would it not request a fax? Is this to force people to buy items one by one and charge a Paisapay-tax on each single transaction? There are differences in the living costs in my country and in yours, but I have seen many offers on eBay India pricing much higher than any of the two transactions I tried to pay through Paisapay, including shipping to Europe. So I assume that my transactions were not corresponding to _such_ an extremely high amount compared to amounts people are invited to consider to spend on eBay India.

Best regards,

tsange
Message 3 of 51
latest reply

agrawal_ritu
Community Member
Dear Sapana,
Thanks for the clarification. Here I would like to highlight the problem with the HDFC Gateway of yours that infact the payment gets debited to the buyers account with the correct order no. and generates a Ref. no. also. Not only this, the pending status is not at all reflected in the 'Pending payments' clause but is only reflected if the Pending feedback clause is seen.So only the buyers are at the receiving end as inspite of making the payment they are not at all supposed to get the items. Ritu Agrawal
Ritu Agrawal
Message 4 of 51
latest reply

sapana@ebay.com
eBay Employee
eBay Employee
Dear Community Members,

Here are couple of more updates regarding PaisaPay.

International Buyers Payment Issue: Once an international buyer wins a bid, or buys something, to pay via PaisaPay, he will need to log on to www.ebay.in. On going to his My eBay>>>All Buying, he will be able to see the transactions and will be able to pay using PaisaPay. All international credit cards are accepted on PaisaPay.

HDFC Bank Issue: We are glad to inform that this issue has been resolved for most users. However, few users might still face this problem. We are looking into the matter, till then, if our users face similar problem, we will request them to file their concern to PaisaPay help desk via the following link: http://pages.ebay.in/help/contact_inline/index.html

PaisaPay support for sellers: For easy access to PaisaPay support, for sellers, a new link has been added in the contact us wizard. In the first box, click on "Ask about selling". In the second box the last item is "PaisaPay transaction". In the third box you can choose your specific concern.

Warm Regards Sapana
Message 5 of 51
latest reply

myjewelzindia
Community Member
hi

How can Indian ebayers sell on Ebay Uk or Ebay Australia as Paisa Pay is not extended for foreign listings.

On other hand paypal has piddling 2500 US$ withdrawal limit per month. So how does one sell on Uk or Foreign sites?
Message 6 of 51
latest reply

sapana@ebay.com
eBay Employee
eBay Employee
Dear myjewelzindia and other users,

I will like to clarify myself further on International Payment issue:

- It is true that a buyer will not be able to pay using PaisaPay from Australia or UK or any other eBay site.

- However, he can still pay to you by eBay India. All he needs to do is to log in to eBay India. In his My eBay he will see the listing, and there he can pay using PaisaPay.

- PaisaPay accepts all International credit cards.

We are aware that it is one extra step for the buyer in the payment process, and we are trying to solve this issue, however till then we will request your cooperation in this matter.

Warm Regards Sapana
Message 7 of 51
latest reply

muzercorp
Community Member
I need a reply from the PaisaPay team on this:

Why does PaisaPay have such a long payment cycle. You are currently taking 22 days to process payment.

(15 days cycle + 7 days to send the demand draft). For example, the draft for 15-30 March was recieved on 7th April.

This makes PaisaPay the SLOWEST method of payment on Baazee. I hope you guys realize this!
Message 8 of 51
latest reply

tsange56
Community Member
#7 (muzercorp)

>makes PaisaPay the SLOWEST method of payment

After all the problems I had with Paisapay-payments, I now always ask sellers if they accept cash2india (or some other credit card gateway of this type), despite the fact it is more expensive for me as a buyer, because it just works. I get a confirmation email when the seller has successfully received the money and nobody asks me to send unprotected hardcopies of my credit card somewhere around the world.

I think it would be a very good idea for sellers on eBay India to include such a payment option in their international item descriptions, as an additional choice for international buyers who prefer to pay the transfer charges rather than to wait and send faxes and wait and get phone calls and wait and never know when the seller finally got his money.
Message 9 of 51
latest reply

kokanmart
Community Member
Hi, as a seller, i would like to know about other reliable payment gateways, apart from PaisaPay and Paypal. If anyone knows such gateways, and has transacted thru them, kindly reply to this message.
Message 10 of 51
latest reply