PaisaPay Charges - Heavily

grab*your*deals
Community Member
I sold a mobile through ebay and it was my first listing.
When the remittance info came i was shocked to see a huge deduction as the paisapay fees. For a sold amount of Rs.6249/- they charged me Rs.275/-.
When communicated with ebay customer support, they told that it was specifed in http://pages.ebay.in/help/policies/paisapay-policy-fees.html.

I never know that Paisapay was charging these fees.
I thought that it was free. This was never communicated to me and not specified anywhere during my listing.

Please reduce the paisapay charges as the items through ebay is sold @ low price and these huge deductions will result in heavy loss.

Thanks
Aneesh
Message 1 of 22
latest reply
21 REPLIES 21

Many other fees have also being charged to you, just wait for the bill then you will come to know and god help you if there is a charge back.

************************** Regards.
Raj Electronics.
Message 2 of 22
latest reply

mobilesstores
Community Member
HAHAHAHAHAHHA

WELCOME TO EBAY.....

Mobilesstores
Message 3 of 22
latest reply

if there was redi*f.com then charges would be around 1400/-
ebay is best e-com site on this earth
Message 4 of 22
latest reply

anil@ebay.com
Community Member
Dear cv_aneesh,

To address your point of PaisaPay fees, I would like to state that the cost of managing PaisaPay is not just about Payment gateway charges, but includes many other cost components such as Operating costs, Chargeback risk provisions, Seller protection costs, Continuous investments in product upgradation etc.

Many of our sellers often tell us that even if one were to add up all the costs of selling on eBay (PaisaPay included), for the significantly higher quantum of traffic that eBay generates, it is a far better value proposition for a business as compared to many other avenues available online.

The fees charged to the sellers is mentioned on the help pages.

Best regards
Anil
Message 5 of 22
latest reply

grab*your*deals
Community Member
Hi Anil

I got the point what you were trying to clarify.
But this is beneficial only for sellers who sells
bulk items rt?
My point was that charging 4% + service tax + cess on each product in a listing is huge.
Assume you are selling a product worth rs 30000/-
you need to pay almost Rs.1347/- as paisapay fees + the final value fees charged by ebay depending upon the category in which it is listed(may come upto Rs.400/-).

Why cant paisapay operate @ the same rate as ebay charging for the final value fees.?
Am not going for a debate but just asking on what basis did paisapay arrive at this rate (of say 4%).

Thanks
Aneesh
Message 6 of 22
latest reply

adyscorpius
Community Member
I think the whole idea of charging a fees in such a competitive environment really defeats the whole idea of an online service. I myself felt disgusted that i was never told about such a feature. Plus, I think making it mandatory to use it all the more makes me not come back again for a listing...
Message 7 of 22
latest reply

ajeetpal10
Community Member
Hi Anil,
The charges of paisa pay,could include the payment gateway charges also.
Why cant they be taken from the buyer.

So when the buyer pays for product he is also charged for the paisa pay charges. so the final amount the buyer pays = final value + paisa pay charges.

this way you can avoid penalising the seller with te paisa pay charges.

I hope many sellers agree with me.
Message 8 of 22
latest reply

ixtinc
Community Member
X-(
Message 9 of 22
latest reply

linusstudios
Community Member
@ ajeetpal10

Charges of payment gateway or as a matter of fact any other fees are actually paid by buyers itself. It is for you to realize that as early as possible and do your pricing accordingly.

Some other factors I would recommend you to consider while doing costing and deciding buy it now price are here-

1- Purchase price
2- Inventory Holding Charges
3- Shipping Charges
4- Damage in Transit
5- Lost in Transit
6- Return Shipping Charges
7- FVF Charge and eBay fees ( listing fees, shop fees, and promotion fees)
8- Paisapay Fees
9- Paisapay Refund Penalty
10- Fixed Overheads you are incurring like- Internet, Telephone, Electricity.
11- and finally your margin.

It would be beneficial to conduct business in a professional way no matter on eBay or anywhere else. I have been telling this many a times. Reducing fees will directly help buyers as it will immediately cause reduction in BIN prices. But anyways there is a coupon and voucher game which goes on and on.

If other sites are charging more they are paying for that in terms of low revenue. The Indian e commerce market is currently in such a stage that one wrong move and it will take moments for carpet to slip from the feet of as big company it may be.

Message 10 of 22
latest reply