cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

selling internationally .. which is better PayPal or Paisa Pay

nishmael253
Community Member
i would like to sell to buyers in france and the uk . i do not have a credit card, or paisa pay or paypal. people say that paypal charges a huge %ge so selling on ebay is not profitable.. can you tell me how paisa pay is better than paypal for international sales? can you give me the pros and cons of both ...i would like to have a seller mentor.. someone who sells internationally .. please
thanks
Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

indconcepts
Community Member
Dear nishmael253 ,

Most of the Buyer abroad prefer PAYPAL.

PaisaPay is not that popular.

But ebay is promoting paisapay in a big way and now foriegn buyers are feeling comfortable with Paisapay through Credit Card.

Also that Paisapay has increased Buyer's Protection from Rs.10,000 earlier to Rs.50,000 now.

If you want to list your products ebay.com or ebay.co.uk then you will have to use PayPal.

But you may try Paisapay if you are listing your products on ebay.in

The best is to list on ebay.in with Paisapay and mention that you also accept Paypal. Giving suitable options to the Buyers builds up their confidence level.

Finally getting the payments through PaisaPay is quite convenient and you get your weekly cheques without any hassels.

But there are restrictions on getting payments from Paypal. As of now the maximum withdrawal limit of Paypal for Indians is US$ 2500 per month.

So.... just give it a thought, as to which payment method suits you & your product.

regards

indconcepts .

IndConcepts logo7

http://stores.ebay.in/IndConcepts

best regards

Umang Midha

IndConcepts logo7
Message 2 of 7
latest reply

shefbhalla
Community Member
I would just like to add that paypal charges $5 for every check it send to you, and I believe that these are sent through regular post, and if lost, that is your headache!!
Message 3 of 7
latest reply

anmol_kreations
Community Member
Dear Co-Seller

well the simplest thing is to first see the product that you want to sell and then see the target customer's ebay local site to see what sells, so you can estimate your selling auction value to see what your expected order value per auction will be. This would help you to decide which mode of payment actually suites you the best.

We also sugest you to visit the Discussion Board > Selling on EBAY...on the main EBAY INDIA COMMUNITY PAGE.

Alternatively you can also see our this running posts on tselling internationally and the modes of payments available.... Just copy and paste this in your web browser :

http://forums.ebay.in/thread.jspa?threadID=300001089&tstart=0&mod=1146769428511

Hope this helps.

Tarun

The Cyberwiz

Anmol Kreations
Anmol Sparkys
Anmol Wholesale
Message 4 of 7
latest reply

marriage0702
Community Member
I HAVE RECD. ORDER FROM UK.
MY QUESTIONS ARE AS UNDER.

1. I AM A HOME BASED SELLER & NOT REGISTERD WITH ANY GOVERNMENT REQUIREMENTS THEN HOW CAN I DO EXPORT?

2.MY CUSTOMER HAS BEEN ABLE TO PAY ME IN POUND THEN HOW CAN IT CONVERT TO A RUPEES?

3.MY CUSTOMER WANTS DECLARATION FOR BRITISH CUSTOMS.SO HOW CAN I WILL GIVE THE SAME?
Message 5 of 7
latest reply

Hi,
PaisaPay is easier.I wrote to CS.Madam Neha gave a good reply.Domestic buyer is no problem.For international buyers ,I just tell them to pay to ebay india by credit card.That is what PaisaPay is.Dont have the hassels of verification as in case of PayPal.Bigger payments are always processed before lighting up cart and Rs.
Ebay in general promotes PayPal.
I promote PaisaPay.I love eBay.in.
It is true that .com has more chances of sell.But it is also true that PayPal cant give the fast and hssel free service like PaisaPay.This I am telling after having discussed with members having more than thousand FBs.But please dont ask the IDs.I'll not tell you.
Truly,
Amitava
Message 6 of 7
latest reply

brasscity_mall
Community Member
Never offer PAYPAL in your listings.
I offered it once when ebay had the promotion of listing internationally and i managed to sell thru paypal but when i requested my money thats on 24th march, they issued a check and sent by ordinary post on 28th march which till date 16th may is not received by me.

On contacting paypal they replied in automated manner saying wait for 45 days, after that you stop the payment and 15$ will be deducted for stop payment charges.

Now whose fault is this?
first i pay transaction fee.
then i pay conversion fee.
then i pay withdrawl fee.
now i am paying stop payment fee.

now to get my money again i need to pay all these charges.
so ultimately what i got??
TOTAL LOSS

So beware before offering paypal.

from
a paypal victim
Message 7 of 7
latest reply