Wifi

sreelakshmitraders
Community Member
I have an internet connection(Broadband Connection wih usb dsl modem) for my home pc, i want to share that connection with my laptop which has an inbuilt wifi. I heard from somebody that it can done via wireless routers. Can anyone tell me whether it can be done, if so could u pls explain the procedures.

Regards,

L.Pethachi
Sreelakshmi Traders
Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Wifi

superstores_tech
Community Member
YEs its very simple. i just setup a wifi network at my home and it works great.

YOu will need to buya Wifi Router which will cost less than Rs 3000

YOu will need to connect the LAN cable whcih connects to the PC tot he Wifi Router and you can then connect to the router and start surfing.

The help files along with the router will give detailed steps or you can simply google the query.

Best of Luck .

Superstores_Tech

ANkur Agarwal
Superstores_Tech

Ankur Agarwal
Message 2 of 8
latest reply

Wifi

Hello,

We have the largest range of wifi products on sale on eBay.in.

If you have a usb connection from your dsl modem and not a lan (rj 45), it will cost you a lot more than Rs.3000/-. You will have to buy a combo of dsl modem and adsl router. It should cost you about Rs.6000/- +

You can check the many wifi products available on eBay.

Remember most ebay sellers will offer telephone support and not installation support. Please expect to pay about Rs.1000/- for wifi installation if you are not technically equipped.
Message 3 of 8
latest reply

Wifi

sreelakshmitraders
Community Member
hi superstores, can u elaborate the process...as veeeedirect mentioned i hav connected my adsl modem with usb cable not with lan cable.
Message 4 of 8
latest reply

Wifi

superstores_tech
Community Member
Sir

you need to connect your wifi router with the modem and then the pc wirelessly to wife router.

once you buy a router it will come with detailed instructions. Try searchign google for netgear wifi router and you will get some good info.

Regards .

Superstores_Tech

ANkur Agarwal
Superstores_Tech

Ankur Agarwal
Message 5 of 8
latest reply

Wifi

e-shopz
Community Member
U have may ways to it , i will give 3 simple cheaper ways to do it
1. as u presume u have a BSNL or Artel Broadband connection , get a wifi Modem ( Type 3 and 4 in BSNL ~ 1.8 to 2 k ). now ur probem is solved.
2.Or u can get onewii , pci based card for ur PC , then share the internet connection . Adv: PC and laptop can alsoshare files dis: Both pcand laptop need to be on when the laptop wants internet connection.
3.Access pnt -- idont recommnd it as it willbe costlier . -srikanth
e-shopz
-srikanth
e-shopz
Message 6 of 8
latest reply

Wifi

sreelakshmitraders
Community Member
It would be nice, if other members too add their views about this topic.
Message 7 of 8
latest reply

Wifi

superstores_tech
Community Member
I am not very welll knowledged about the connection but i somehow managed to get it done at my place.

Regards Superstores_Tech
Ankur Agarwal
Superstores_Tech

Ankur Agarwal
Message 8 of 8
latest reply