USPS package arriving to india

sanjeevsrinivasan1972
Community Member
I recently purchased a Voip phone worth GBP 26 (around Rs. 2274) from a seller from US from ebay. The seller says the item would usually be shipped in 10-12 days and it was shipped on 27th june,06.
I wanted to know from the users, will this be shipped to the shipping address by the EMS post service in india and the postman will collect any duties applicable himself or do we have to locate the local customs department and run there if this is the case how do we identify our item to the officer there.
Is EMS and USPS work hand in hand as I saw one user mentioning about it that the delivery of the package will be done by the postman.
Please help as I am already over 12 days so that i want to choose a course of action to collect the same.

thanks
Message 1 of 117
latest reply
116 REPLIES 116

vineet0076
Community Member
Can anyone tell me how long will it take to deliver once it clear customs??
Message 51 of 117
latest reply

anupam.harne
Community Member
Hi,

An I-Phone has been shipped from US by USPS (First-Class Mail International) on Aug 26,2010. I also have the receipt number for the shipping LN06 3827 036U S.
However they say, First class International mail would not have tracking number as such .

However for past 2 weeks the status it shows is same.

http://trkcnfrm1.smi.usps.com/PTSInternetWeb/InterLabelInquiry.do?CAMEFROM=OK&strOrigTrackNum=LN063827036US

please help me know what should be done about it?

I was told it will reach within 10-12 days.

-Anupam
Message 52 of 117
latest reply

timessms
Community Member
Hi guys !

The *Helpdesk Number* 🙂

I got some useful info from this forum so i am putting my own inputs also.

For my package from US via USPS to NOIDA, I called up this number and the lady there very patiently and courteously checked and gave me the update that :

i) My parcel is in customs and will be sent to the NOIDA post-office after processing.
ii) If any customs duty is applicable, i will need to go to post-office and pay duty and collect the parcel.

The number is 2323 3325 and the lady's name is Ms/Mrs. Nirmal.

Thanks!
Jai Bansal
Message 53 of 117
latest reply

asindian
Community Member
I think I have cracked on how to track USPS shipped items in India.

I tried contacting UPS, Overnite, DHL, but none are their local carriers. All you need to do is google search "your city" foreign post. Like mumbai foreign post or delhi foreign post. Call that number and provide the Label/Receipt Number provided by USPS.
USPS uses Inda Post for shipments into India.
Message 54 of 117
latest reply

Community Member
I ordered a pair of underwear, and it is being mailed through the USPS first mail service to India.The delivery location is Ahmedabad.So after the package comes to India/Ahmedabad how do i track it? do i have to contact the foreign postal office here? and will the customs open the package and check the items? Please reply soon. ac
ac
Message 55 of 117
latest reply

jashd
Community Member
Hi,

I am also facing the same problem as others..I bought a BB from US and it has been shipped from Jamaica on 24th Oct. Since then have got no clue where is it? Also, the status on USPS international site is showing same from past 1 week. My track id no. is LC110571288US

I had also contacted foriegn post in my city (Mumbai) and they told me that yours is local mail so it will take around 250-30 days to reach your place..

I just wana know whether we get our parcel safely and intact?

Jash Dharod
Message 56 of 117
latest reply

shibutripathi
Community Member
Hi folks!

If everybody is facing problems with global purchase made from US through E-Bay, then why people are making same mistakes again and again..
I am not gonna buy anything from it and dont you think that our Indian seller are not only at par with global vendors, but also they are more human and approachable than the US lechers.
You must understand that E-bay is not going to help in global purchases as they are just providing web space and a medium to providing US products in Indian market.

Neither they control customs in India nor they have any direct authority over global resellers. So stop cursing E-Bay for it and be smart, purchase items from Indian Sellers,it will give you a good night sleep and a working item with reasonable money.Remember, whether you purchase from Indian sellers or from US resellers, everything is made in China only so why to get lured by global/sold from US kinda jargons.

as much as i understand, purchase and delivery on GEB works like this:

**Seller from US list some item X on E-Bay GEB and can make this item available to i2c world inc for resell::

**You purchase the item in INR, thinking that it will get deliver within 15 days or so...

**reseller i2C world purchase the Item X from original seller in US: May cause delay as US lechers are lazy when they get money in advance..

**Seller ships the item to i2c world in US:

** reseller Ship it through USPS to india, when they have sufficient items to ship in a big package, they wont ship a tiny packet and loose money on multiple transits, so delay adds:

** Item arrives at HUB of USPS in India, either in Delhi or in Mumbai or may be in timbaktoo god knows .

** Custom and other formalities takes place @ indian sarkari speed:: delay got multi fold..

***USPS is not having any tracking during this time frame,

** You have become impatient till then and filed for money back, writing curses for GEB, calling customer care person, sending e-mail to Prashant and what not.....

*** after formalities and paper work, item routed via EMS..I dont know whether they still use kabooters for post or may be person on cycles..item may get broken, lost..
Delay.......

If you are lucky enough , you will get it within 45 days else "Lootate hai sab ke sab 😞 , i will never purcahse anything blah blah blah..."""

Please update my little knowledge which i gathered by reading all your community posts.

Choice is yours. Whether you want to save some chum changes and buy product from Global Ebay and then start complaining thereafter or... pay little extra , purchase within India and be satisfied..

Shivendra
Message 57 of 117
latest reply

jashd
Community Member
Hi Shivendra,

I totally agree with you for all the points..But 1 comes to know all the pros and cons after experiencing it. There is no point to crib or complaint 1ce u've ordered or purchased from Ebay Global.

We need to find a solution for it.

Jash Dharod
Message 58 of 117
latest reply

anupam.harne
Community Member
Hi friends,

in relation to my previous post of 14-09-2010, I have received the iPhone on 22-09-2010.

It was fully insured by the seller. And he was co-operative to attend my every query.

We mutually decided to wait for 30 days time, from the date of dispatch, before we claim for lost item.

It was delivered to address mentioned on it, PUNE, by speed post. But I had to shell out another INR 820 as custom charges and the box was opened at custom office in Mumbai to check if the item mentioned on top is same as the one inside.

This reply is specially meant from all those who wrote me regarding this and to avoid any such mails in future.
Message 59 of 117
latest reply

jashd
Community Member
Hey Anupam,

Thnx for ur POST!! u hav given a lot of ppl hope tht the parcel do gets delivered! BUt if u recd it on 22/9/10 y did u posted now...anyways congrats for ur phone..tel me whthr while buying u had insured the phn? n how n whr did u cum to knw about paying customs?

Is the phone in gud condition?

Regards,

Jash Dharod
Message 60 of 117
latest reply