cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Payment using paypal with HDFC netsafe - is it possible ?

power_user_ex
Community Member
Hello guys ,

I have confirmed a purchase of a product from "ebay.com" and the seller accepts payments via paypal only ; the seller is from Hong-Kong. I m a verified paypal user. I got verified using my CC. When i commit the payment i get an error from paypal that "This card cannot be used for transaction ....". I called up HDFC credit card dept and they told i need apply for HDFC netsafe which provides Virtual CCs for online shopping. SO my question is that using a VCC can i complete my payment using PAYPAL ? - My netsafe will start in some days coz i had to update my email with bank.

Help guyzzz!!!
Message 1 of 14
latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

nonu2883
Community Member
I have the same question. I have used the netsafe card too and still getting the same error that this card cannot be used. Called up PayPal guys and they say that everything is working on their side. I called HDFC bank guys today and they say they will reply in 2-3 days. Will update what happens.

If anyone has experienced similar issues and got successful somehow in using their HDFC CC with PayPal payments for ebay.com or other sites, please share how you proceeded and what possibly is causing all this.

Thanks!
Message 2 of 14
latest reply

hi,

i don't think netsafe will work for paypal. the VCC is for a one time use only, so when you will register the VCC with paypal, i think the one-time limit will be exhausted. -- Signature: I am Jack's complete lack of surprise.
-- Signature: I am Jack's complete lack of surprise.
Message 3 of 14
latest reply

hi,
net safe card or virtual card work with paypal, u have make first net safe card from ur account , then link that card with ur paypal account then only u will be verified member with paypal, then u can pay to paypal with that net safe card
for more quiries mail me-sales@vexports.com
thanks
arun
Message 4 of 14
latest reply

arun,

the netsafe thing works for confirmation, but how will paypal charge the amount to the VCC? it would be expired after the confirmation itself! as a seller, it might work for you since money is getting credited to your paypal account (that you can withdraw using ECS), but i am not sure it works the other way round. -- Signature: I am Jack's complete lack of surprise.
-- Signature: I am Jack's complete lack of surprise.
Message 5 of 14
latest reply

chivarala2011
Community Member
Yes U can verify paypal using HDFC VCC. What U need to have is HDFC debit card, just register in netsafe using your debitcard. Then generate a VCC(about 200Rs), then use this VCC in paypal to verify your paypal, then they will charge some of $1.9. After that U need to enter the transaction code(4 digit paypal code) in paypal. Once U verified U can update the VCC each time before going to purchase any item, paypal will deduct the money from your VCC or U can simply fund payapl using VCC before U buy.

Here is the step by step instruction that how to verify paypal using HDFC debit card.

http://www.blogsdna.com/3976/how-get-verified-paypal-account-with-hdfc-netsafe-vcc-in-india.htm

hope this will help U.
Message 6 of 14
latest reply

after getting verified using HDFC netsafe one time usable card,how can we purchase using paypal, as netsafe is one time usable, second time we cant use it up, If we add some more HDFC netsafe card , shall it be go another verification
Message 7 of 14
latest reply

80disco1
Community Member
Hi Guys,

This is the most talked about matter and yet no solution. I think we can't increase our paypal balance using HDFC netsafe. Only we can verify our netsafe card and that time it will add $1.95 that's it. If there is any way to add increase balance using HDFC netsafe, then please share.
Message 8 of 14
latest reply

80disco1
Community Member
Hey guys,

I found this thing at one blog I don't have anything to buy now. Can anyone check this method and let us know whether it's working?

"For each of your shopping purposes, create a new netsafe card and add it to your Paypal account. Paypal only verifies the first card. Once the verification is done on one card, you can go on adding any number of cards use them for shopping. Paypal will not verify those cards.

Atleast in my case, it did not do so. I created a netsafe card x and used that for verification. After verification, obviously the card x got disabled. Then I created a new netsafe card y and added that to my paypal account. This time paypal did not ask for verification. In the vendor site, when purchasing an item, it asked me to login into paypal where I could select the card y and use that for shopping. I had used this method for buying an item from dealxtreme.com in Aug09. I can confirm that it had worked and since then I have got the delivery also. "
Message 9 of 14
latest reply

amitnichani
Community Member
This is fantastic..the netsafe Vcc works absolutely fine...make a vcc (x) and verify it..then this card (x) is disabled..now make another VCC (y)...add this to your paypal account. it will ask to verify this card and make it primary..dont do this..press cancel n move on..but still this card will be available..
now log into Ebay..shop watevr u want and wen u reach the payment stage..u cant log into the paypal and there u will see an option called other payment options ( not too sure about what the option reads)...well here u can go change the card to the new card u added..n then confirm ur payment..

it works absolutely fine.!!!
Message 10 of 14
latest reply