cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Payment using paypal with HDFC netsafe - is it possible ?

power_user_ex
Community Member
Hello guys ,

I have confirmed a purchase of a product from "ebay.com" and the seller accepts payments via paypal only ; the seller is from Hong-Kong. I m a verified paypal user. I got verified using my CC. When i commit the payment i get an error from paypal that "This card cannot be used for transaction ....". I called up HDFC credit card dept and they told i need apply for HDFC netsafe which provides Virtual CCs for online shopping. SO my question is that using a VCC can i complete my payment using PAYPAL ? - My netsafe will start in some days coz i had to update my email with bank.

Help guyzzz!!!
Message 1 of 14
latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

arre boss tum kaunsa english likhte ho ???  kuch bhi type karta hai kya ?

Message 11 of 14
latest reply

I don't know about HDFC but with SBI visa debit card and ICICI visa debit card , they both work fine with out any problems.

Message 12 of 14
latest reply

I recently faced this problem while purchasing through Paypal and my BOM and SBI debit cards not worked, I talked with Paypal s CC and they told any card with VISA, MASTER CARD logo on it will do from our side, I come to conclusion that its our banks not Paypal restricting our transfers

Message 13 of 14
latest reply

First of all,  indian debit cards don't work with paypal. The reason is, Indian debit cards have menditory 3d security system and it doesn't work with paypal.

Above info from the discussion is obsolet.

HDFC netsafe used to work with but now it doesn't.

Many pvt banks offer cc against an FD. And i think it's the only option available now.

Message 14 of 14
latest reply