Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Lets learn from each other's expertise

indconcepts
Community Member
Dear All,

Hello,

Lets Learn from each other's expertise.
I am starting this thread where contributions from everybody is expected.
May it be the Champions of Baazee ERA OR the New Comers.
Helpful ebay Staff members too are requested to show their presence.

The purpose of this thread is to put forward your expertise / knowledge which you think would be helpful to other members.

It may be Tips .....which may help in Selling better.

It may be pointing out..... the best Courier Company for National Selling.

It may be the best email service available.

It may be something related to Computers, Windows, Anti-virus, Ad-ware, spy-ware.

It may be something which others shouldn't do .....unknowingly.

Anything which you think would be helpful to others.

Just don't think that a particular TIP is quite common ....there may be someone who might be benefitted out of that.

MY CONTRIBUTION

I am giving you a small TIP ......many of you must be aware of this. But I still feel that there may be few who are un-aware of this.....

For All those who are using Windows XP and find that the system takes too long to BOOT UP.
Also, when you shut down ....the system takes time.
This may be due to many Items place in the start up.
That is..... many icons placed at the right hand bottom........ near the clock.
Icons of skype, Blinking net connection, webshots, Anti-virus, Bit meter, fax, MSN messanger...etc etc..
This slows down the machine quite a lot.
There may be many, who have higher configuration with higher RAM, but still the TIP may be useful.

Just HIBERNATE the system while closing.
For this.... Click start
Click...Turn off Computer.
Press SHIFT.
The Standby button would change to Hibernate.
Keeping the shift pressed ...left click HIBERNATE.

This will save your current desktop state to your hard disk so that you can resume where you left off, than shuts down your computer.

HOPING TO SEE MORE TIPS ON THIS THREAD.

regards

IndConcepts

customer king signature 50x220

best regards

Umang Midha

IndConcepts logo7
Message 1 of 280
latest reply
279 REPLIES 279

smileawhileshaji
Community Member
Dear shriganapati111

If you wish to send parcels abroad, you can depend on Fedex or DHL. You can even trust First Flight International. These are 3 good courier services for international shipping.

Regards,

SG
smileawhileshaji
Message 261 of 280
latest reply

smileawhileshaji
Community Member
Dear eBayites,

I just forgot to add that all the three courier companies have their officies in alomost all the cities of India.

If you wish to send parcels abroad, you can depend on Fedex or DHL. You can even trust First Flight International. These are 3 good courier services for international shipping.

Please ask for their international office address before sending parcels via any courier. It has been seen that the small time couriers ship items to their main centers in UK, US, and some big countries.

Once the parcel reaches their, it is handed over to the local carrier, who in turns posts the item to the destination. This is how the risk factor increases.

Regards,

SG
smileawhileshaji
Message 262 of 280
latest reply

smileawhileshaji
Community Member
Dear eBayities,

One of the best courier companies for national selling is First Flight. It has branch offices and franchises in almost all the cities of India. It has been seen that it delivers to the remote villages within 3 to 4 days.

To know more about the locations served by First Flight, please click on the link or copy and paste it to a new browser:

http://www.firstflight.net/domestic.asp

Regards,

SG
smileawhileshaji
Message 263 of 280
latest reply

smileawhileshaji
Community Member
Dear eBayities,

For some time now, I have been using www.inbox.com. I see that you get no spam (ZERO) and 2GB usage free.

I also have just discovered about goowy.com. In goowy.com, you can many facilities. It acts like your toolbar after you get registered with them. You can get the contact address of your yahoo account, gmail account, rediffmail account, and hotmail account just by clicking one button.

You can chat, play games, download music, see videos, and can carry on many other activities on goowy.

You just need to register on www.goowy.com

Regards,

SG
smileawhileshaji
Message 264 of 280
latest reply

smileawhileshaji
Community Member
Dear Sellers on eBay,

This is an advise to all the Sellers on the eBay site. Please BE CAREFUL while posting expensive items to Nigeria, Kenya, and other countries. Do not send the item, before you get the cash in hand. Cash in hand means, the money should be cleared by your bank.

Regards,

SG
smileawhileshaji
Message 265 of 280
latest reply

nakatib
Community Member
hi amitavegems123!,
wish to ask you if you have any idea of the cost of shipping to germany via speedpost and how many days it would take for the parcel to reach.i am shiping loose gemsstones like you do. any problems if i am asked to declare?please kindly guide?thanks
regards
n a katib
Message 266 of 280
latest reply

shriganapati111
Community Member
Dear Sh. Midhaji,

Namaste!

I plan to list on ebay.in and ebay.com simultaneously. But i want that any one visiting the Indian site cann't visit my listings at ebay.com from the listings at ebay.in.

With regards,

J.N. Sharma
Message 267 of 280
latest reply

indconcepts
Community Member
Hello Mr. Sharma,

Your listings are only visible at the site where you list unless you use a show case window, like the Auctiva. .

best regards

Umang Midha

IndConcepts logo7

best regards

Umang Midha

IndConcepts logo7
Message 268 of 280
latest reply

Hi Sharma Ji,

List your items Internationally then it will be visible in ebay.in, ebay.com and other international sites.

To do this select the Shipping Method as Ship Worldwide and mention the International Shipping Charges in the listing form. Thats all.
Message 269 of 280
latest reply

girishsona_in1
Community Member
This is a very helpful thread. Thought I can contribute in some small way.

MY TIP

Use AVG Free Antivirus http://free.grisoft.com/, I have been using one for last one year, with no problems at all. It provides FREE DAILY updates!
Message 270 of 280
latest reply