Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Lets learn from each other's expertise

indconcepts
Community Member
Dear All,

Hello,

Lets Learn from each other's expertise.
I am starting this thread where contributions from everybody is expected.
May it be the Champions of Baazee ERA OR the New Comers.
Helpful ebay Staff members too are requested to show their presence.

The purpose of this thread is to put forward your expertise / knowledge which you think would be helpful to other members.

It may be Tips .....which may help in Selling better.

It may be pointing out..... the best Courier Company for National Selling.

It may be the best email service available.

It may be something related to Computers, Windows, Anti-virus, Ad-ware, spy-ware.

It may be something which others shouldn't do .....unknowingly.

Anything which you think would be helpful to others.

Just don't think that a particular TIP is quite common ....there may be someone who might be benefitted out of that.

MY CONTRIBUTION

I am giving you a small TIP ......many of you must be aware of this. But I still feel that there may be few who are un-aware of this.....

For All those who are using Windows XP and find that the system takes too long to BOOT UP.
Also, when you shut down ....the system takes time.
This may be due to many Items place in the start up.
That is..... many icons placed at the right hand bottom........ near the clock.
Icons of skype, Blinking net connection, webshots, Anti-virus, Bit meter, fax, MSN messanger...etc etc..
This slows down the machine quite a lot.
There may be many, who have higher configuration with higher RAM, but still the TIP may be useful.

Just HIBERNATE the system while closing.
For this.... Click start
Click...Turn off Computer.
Press SHIFT.
The Standby button would change to Hibernate.
Keeping the shift pressed ...left click HIBERNATE.

This will save your current desktop state to your hard disk so that you can resume where you left off, than shuts down your computer.

HOPING TO SEE MORE TIPS ON THIS THREAD.

regards

IndConcepts

customer king signature 50x220

best regards

Umang Midha

IndConcepts logo7
Message 1 of 280
latest reply
279 REPLIES 279

smitakap
Community Member
Hello!

This is a must check for all the seller because powerseller over 1000 feedback score made this silly mistake while doing transaction with me.

I kept trying to pay her through paypal and kept receiving the reply that she was not a verified seller.After 3 exchange of emails I realised that her email ID in My eBay and her mails were different.When I pointed it out to her she was shocked and extremely thankful to me and realised her mistake .She realised that perhaps that was the reason she had lost her 3 buyers because they were not as patient as I had been .The reason for all this was a really very simple error on her part-while filling out her SYI form unknowingly she had inserted _ in her emailID.Hence the confusion.She informed me that she had 3 angry customers who had finally cancelled their deal just because of the underscore in her ID.

Smita
Message 131 of 280
latest reply

indconcepts
Community Member
Thanks Smita for writing about your experience.

But as far as I know.... having the same email address as that for PayPal and ebay is not the criteria of being verified or non verified.

You become verified by forwarding your Credit Card details. PayPal then sends you a 4 digit verifiaction code in your Credit Card Invoice. Punching that verification code at PayPal website makes you a verified member.

Having the same email address as that for PayPal is an added advantage you get while Selling on ebay.com

regards

Umang Midha .

IndConcepts logo7

best regards

Umang Midha

IndConcepts logo7
Message 132 of 280
latest reply

smitakap
Community Member
Dear Umang
It has got nothing to do with different email Id with paypal and eBay.com.We Indians while paying for the deal which was made through the eBay, have to select the Purcase deal option in Paypal.When You select eBay it shows whatever pending payments items are there in myeBay and automatically retreives the entire data like emailID,Item no.,value of the purchase etc.You just have to click on pay and continue the transaction till end if everything is in order.

The seller made the mistake while filling out the SYI form.And this is what was showing in MyeBay and Paypal.
That is the reason paypal was not able to verify the seller correctly.The powerseller ebay Id doesnot have underscore but in SYI she mistakenly typed _.She became 2people .One verified seller ,another unverified seller.

Recently I came across similar situation in ebay.com forum where another seller wanted help.Unfortunately I 've lost the thread otherwise would've posted it for everyone's benefit.
I hope, this explains the entire thing correctly.

Smita
Message 133 of 280
latest reply

indconcepts
Community Member
Dear Smita,

O.K .... you mean to say that the Seller mentioned the incorrect PayPal ID while filling up the SYI form.

regards

Umang Midha .

IndConcepts logo7

best regards

Umang Midha

IndConcepts logo7
Message 134 of 280
latest reply

oregon_1982
Community Member
Hi,
Useful Tips to Improve Mileage

Here are some very good tips on improving your vehicle's Fuel Economy / Mileage. With increasing fuel prices it is becoming more and more prudent to use them.

Read them here - http://www.funonthenet.in/content/view/307/31/

Have a good day!

Regards

Abuzar Ansari
Message 135 of 280
latest reply

oregon_1982
Community Member
Hi,
Lost your PAN details??? Get them here...
If you can't remember your PAN number then...
SMART WAY: If you're somewhere outside and if you want to know your PAN number ....it's just a click away. You can check it online using http://incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in/knowpan/knowpan.jsp
Message 136 of 280
latest reply

indconcepts
Community Member
Dear Abuzar Ansari

The TIP for PAN details is really useful.

regards

Umang Midha .

IndConcepts logo7

best regards

Umang Midha

IndConcepts logo7
Message 137 of 280
latest reply

oregon_1982
Community Member
Thanx UmangKeep Smiling :):):).....

Regards

Abuzar Ansari
Message 138 of 280
latest reply

oregon_1982
Community Member
Hi Everybody.......
Pl be careful for this mail...
Don't open mail from av3@yahoo.comAddress-Harvesting Worm Targets Yahoo

Check the link below.

http://enterprisesecurity.symantec.com/content.cfm?articleid=6695

Regards

Abuzar Ansari
Message 139 of 280
latest reply

oregon_1982
Community Member
Credit Card Validation - Check Digits

This article outlines procedures and algorithms for Verifying the accuracy and validity of credit card numbers. Most credit card numbers are encoded with a "Check Digit". A check digit is a digit added to a number (either at the end or the beginning) that validates the authenticity of the number. A simple algorithm is applied to the other digits of the number which yields the check digit. By running the algorithm, and comparing the check digit you get from the algorithm with the check digit encoded with the credit card number, you can verify that you have correctly read all of the digits and that they make a valid combination.

Check out the article:

http://yogeshgarg.blogspot.com/2006/06/credit-card-validation-check-digits.html

Regards

Abuzar Ansari
Message 140 of 280
latest reply