cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Indian Debit Cards accepted by Paypal

basafath
Community Member
I have a client who will be sending money through Paypal for which I need to activate my Paypal account using either a Credit or Debit card.
I was told by a bank that payments received on the credit card go to the crdit card account. Which means each time I withdraw this money I will have to swipe my credit card for which I might be charged.
Can anybody tell me which Indian debit card will be accepted by Paypal? Will Punjab national bank debit cards be accepted?
Message 1 of 40
latest reply
39 REPLIES 39

Re: Indian Debit Cards accepted by Paypal

HDFC and ICICI banks are accepted mostly but some people also had success with SBI sometimes both HDFC and ICICI have some scheme of issuing credit cards against fixed deposit which is quite hassle free and very few requirements

Here is a list of Indian Banks which credit cards are accepted in paypal and google wallet hope this helps

Message 31 of 40
latest reply

I have a "verified" account with paypal and I have an Axis Visa Chip Debit card. I tried to purchase an item from a US seller. I could not. The message was "the transaction was declned by your bank". After three tries, Paypal promptly blocked my card from future use,

I checked with local Axis bank. They are not of much help. For them, your problem is trivial.

I tried to pay through a debit card from IDBI. The result was the same. Here however,  the bank charged me  Rs. 65.00 per transaction attempt. How you like that? Pay for failed transaction too! I am glad I didn't try more than twice! 

This is what you would call up the creek without a paddle! 

Don't know what to do! Smiley Frustrated

Message 32 of 40
latest reply

abhi_jdass
Community Member
Dear Venkentash After a lot of struggle I added finally added to PayPal axis back visa debit card and purchased an item from eBay .com. I felt happy. But I know this is a heck coz my new cards are not working at PayPal. And axis bank card was old also.

I also added my dads Canara bank debit card by master to payal. The moment I added we or SMS that 64 rs something as you told was debited but in few minutes the same amount was credited back. I don't know this hell but I pressure PayPal just verified by doing such withdrawal. So kindly check the same amount must be debited back to you. It shows debit merge with -64.32 that means it is credited. See the balance difference.
Hope this is helpful to you.
Guys don't be in misunderstanding. It's just you need to have visa or master card approved for forex trnsactions fr your bank.

Abhineet
Message 33 of 40
latest reply

sam.eer
Community Member

Sir most of the Indian Credit cards (except Indian Bank Credit Card) will work on PayPal. And Debit cards who have chip also works on PayPal. Few banks debit cards which work on PayPal are -

1) ICICI Bank

2) AXIS Bank

3) Bank Of Baroda

4) Indian Overseas Bank

5) Standard Chartered

Another method is by creating Virtual Card online if your net banking is enabled. But for me SBI Virtual card not work.

Message 34 of 40
latest reply

I have tried Axis debit card and it is not working
Message 35 of 40
latest reply

My debit card paypal account
Message 36 of 40
latest reply

?
Message 37 of 40
latest reply

Hi!  SBIinTouch Tap & Go NFC Debit Card is working on all international sites like PayPal, Google Wallet, Skrill, etropay, neteller etc. we get this card with normal saving bank account. sbiintouch debit card application download link http://www.mediafire.com/view/5wks8dyv15rwzkv/sbiINTUCH_Debitcard_Aplication_form.pdf

Message 38 of 40
latest reply

shwetha6
Community Member

can i use vijaya bank debit card?

But it is not accepted by paypal.If it won't acccept vijaya bank debit card.

then please suggest me which bank card does it accepts.And help me add this into my account.

Message 39 of 40
latest reply

Just go and open an account in ICICI BANK

and ask for Chip enabled VISA Debit card!

That's all

Enjoy

Message 40 of 40
latest reply