cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Real.Phoenix - Selling Restriction. Irresponsible A/c Managers

Hello All,

Please check my DSRs and Feedback Score.

I am experiencing a Selling Restriction since December 2012 which means that I am not able to REVISE or LIST any items from my eBay account real.phoenix since 1st December 2012.

I have contacted eBay several times but could not get any resolution to this. I checked eBay Help Pages and found that these limits can be increased. Since then, I am trying to get this resolved by eBay Team but they do not seem to help.

My account is currently being handled by Ms Unnati Sanura . When ever I call her, she says only one thing - BAD BUYER EXPERIENCES HAVE CAUSED THIS. I do not understand how can this be possible when the DSRs are more than 4.8 and feedback rating is 99.6%.

Ms Unnati Sanura explains that a seller cannot know about the Internal Matters. she keeps on insisting that I have lot of Bad Buyer Experiences!! If that is the case, then why am I not able to see any such thing in the Detailed Seller Rating Reports? The Reports reflect low DSRs received in a period of ONE YEAR! If I have Bad Buyer Experiences then why am I a Top Rated Seller on UK, Global and a Above Standard Seller on USA? Does she mean to say that eBay is not a transparent organization and there are layers of opacity within it? That they display something on the Dashboard which is not even correct? Then why does eBay ask the seller to check the seller dashboard and reports regularly if what Unnati says is true?

The Representatives at eBay USA say that the selling limits can be raised by eBay India Team since I am Registered in India.

I pay a fee of 1 lac per month since last 4 months. And this is the treatment I receive from eBay. I even wrote a letter to the eBay India Country Manager 15 days back but there is no reply from him either.

When a seller opens a new account on eBay, these so called Account Managers call you day and night to list items and expand the business. But unfortunately, when the seller grows and pay a fee exceeding one hundred thousand a month, eBay treats them like criminals. If I was in USA or UK, I would have received much better service from eBay. Unfortunately, I am registered in eBay India...

Kind Regards,
MB
Message 1 of 20
latest reply
19 REPLIES 19

Re: Real.Phoenix - Selling Restriction. Irresponsible A/c Managers

Hi real phonix,

will you please guide me on following points.

1. selling ebay internationally legal on ebay ?

2. can we ship item with invoice mentioning free trade smaple or require commercial invoice to sell single items to invidual buyers   internationally ?

3. if we require commercial invoice ,commercial export require lots of  formalities and expensive, if we sell low value items

4. who will give FIRC ?

These all small things also need to be resolved with this whole issue,as we will all face such things in near future,so lets discuss about it till the whole issue is resolved,& i request to ebay staff & to higher volume sellers to help us regarding this so that we can all follow the same procedure..

Regards
Krishna
Message 11 of 20
latest reply

Hello real.phoenix,
Hearty congrets for reaching your present level of selling. I am wondering how could you reach to this level. I just started selling in November 2013 but ebay India seems interested only in discouraging any sale, stonewalling any queries and everything seems to be shrouded. They do not want you to know what is going on. Why so much secrecy ?
That is why I wonder how could you reach to your present level. A great achievement. Congrets & keep it up.
Message 12 of 20
latest reply

I am still awaiting for the reply to the questions raised by Krishna.

No one has even shared this info whether selling online internationally is legal.

I would appreciate if Real phoneix or any other old members could throw some light . plzzz
Message 13 of 20
latest reply

Dear Krishna,

I am sorry for the delay in response. I was not well for last 3 days so could not check the community pages. Here are the answers you are seeking, to the best of my knowledge:

1) Selling internationally on eBay is Legal unless you are selling controlled substances. List of controlled substances is available on Indian customs website.

2) You need not send an invoice. CN-22 form will suffice the requirement for Customs Clearance in India and the destination country.

If the value of your shipment is greater than INR 25,000.00 then you should send it as a commercial shipment. Unless you are selling medicines and cosmetics, the commercial shipment will not cause you any kind of legal and documentation pain... If you plan to sell herbal products or cosmetics, then please arrange for all kinds of licenses if you want to do a serious business.

3) No need to do any kind of commercial export formality if you are selling items below INR 25000

4) FIRC ??? Why you need it when you receive funds in Indian currency in your bank account. PayPal never deposit any foreign currency in your bank. Then there is no question of any kind of FIRC.

The FIRC is applicable only when you receive a foreign currency directly to your bank account. Your bank will issue you an FIRC. It is a service that every bank provide now. Nothing to worry about it.

Secondly, if you are doing international business on eBay and accept payments via PayPal then you will never have to worry in your life about FIRC..

Kind Regards,
Mustufa Baldiwala

Message 14 of 20
latest reply

Hi,

Thank you for appreciating my work.

However, when I posted the above subject, I was ignorant.

All eBay managers and executives are trying their best to encourage sellers to sell more. They are not interested to discouraging any seller. 

Secondly, all sellers have selling limits based on their performance on eBay.  Even a seller having 1 lac feedback has selling limits.

Check these IDs and you will find me as a dwarf on eBay:

1) buy
2) bobob_uk

There are hundreds of such sellers exceeding 10 lac feedback

Thousands of sellers exceeding feedback score of 1 lac

If you work hard, you too can reach 1 lac feedback.

Good Luck.

Mustufa

Message 15 of 20
latest reply

Hello Real.Phoenix,

If that is the case then can you guide me in my matter ?

I am from Mumbai. They have not assigned me any manager or contact person although I have more than 45 sales to my credit. I am just a beginner compared to you of course.

Initially, I had started selling directly on ebay.com and made 3 sales also which were duly fulfilled. Then I got a mail saying that I should start from my home country, wait for 90 days from my first sale and I should get 10 positive DSRs to qualify for selling on any international site. 

Once I fulfilled that criteria, I requested ebay to allow me to sell on ebay.com(USA). They said they are sending my request to ebay.com and I will hear directly from them. After about a month, I sent a request again to ebay India. Now it is more than 10 days and there is not even a acknowledgement / reply from them.

Their help pages are silent on such issues.

ebay India is acting Government of India and it seems there are no policies or rules regarding Indians who might like to sell on international sites. I do not know what is going on. ( I have posted this in another thread also in this forum)

I am prepared to undergo any exam / test they might have for indians willing to sell on international sites so that only qualified sellers are allowed to sell internationally.

Can you please guide me how to go about this?

Message 16 of 20
latest reply

Try to list an item on ebay.com

You will receive a message to contact eBay with your Proof of Identity and other documents. There will be a form where you need to declare the category that you wish to sell (such as clothing, health and beauty, business and industrial etc..)

Fill that form and send it ot invetting@ebay.com

After 3 to 4 days, eBay team will contact you and allow you to list a fixed number of products. Then gradually your allowances will increase depending on your good performance.

Message 17 of 20
latest reply

Thank you Mr.Mustufa Baldiwala.

As per your guidance, I tried to list one item and I succeded. Since I had sold some items earlier, I could list this item straight away without any form fillings etc.

Thanks again and God bless you.

If you are located in Mumbai, I like to meet you some time.

Kconss
Message 18 of 20
latest reply

Hi Real.Phoenix,

I am sending so many mails to invetting@ebay.com and inappeals@ebay.com for international selling. I have uploaded documents for verfication.I am also uploading snapshot of that error. But they told me that they will contact me for my future plans. But I have not received any call from their business team about our business plans. Please sir, help me about this.

I have already 10 DSR rating but i does not have current bank account with paypal.

Please reply me fast. 

You can reply me on ebay as well as ebay community.

Thanks & regards

Elegantjewel

Message 19 of 20
latest reply

oursea99
Community Member

Hello team

I uploaded every documents what they asked for still my kyc verification is incomplete I donot know why they are not working in an right I faced a lot of problem I cannot able to list more than 10 items. I called ebay customer care for a more than 100 times but they cannot able to solve my problem , please help me ?

Message 20 of 20
latest reply