cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pls help me friends.... (regarding customs & duty clearance)

globaltraderzindia
Community Member
For example, SPEED POST charge around 700rs for 1/2 kg parcel to USA.. so if i use SPEED POST as a shipping to USA, then that 700RS charge is for INCLUDING customs/duty clearance or EXCLUDING custom/duty clearance? ie., will my buyer have to pay any extra cost for customs while receiving? Kindly help me friends.... am very new to international selling..
Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

@ gpxexports

Please provide your shipping cost here in community.
Message 2 of 4
latest reply

yes your buyer has to pay the custom duty in his/her country.
Also the 700rs is the amount India posts charge for its service and no other duty is included in it, every other amount is seperate.
Message 3 of 4
latest reply

baybizz
Community Member

>> #0: will my buyer have to pay any extra cost for customs while receiving?

As said above, the importer is responsible for any import duty and any additional charges imposed by the importing country (unless you agree otherwise in advance -unlikely in a one-off personal sale). To avoid misunderstandings, it is always best to put a warning notice on your international auctions such as:

"Any Import duty and any other related taxes are to be paid by the buyer".

www.sloanefox.freeserve.co.uk/imptaxwng.htm

The US has quite a high import duty allowance threshold of $US 200. You, and others reading this, might find these links helpful:

> US Import Duty, Allowances, Exemption, Internet Purchases, US Customs & Border Protection (CBP):
www.cbp.gov/xp/cgov/trade/internet_purchases.xml

>> What is my US import exemption? US Residents and Non-Residents - Gifts - Duty Free - Alcohol - Tobacco - NAFTA - GSP etc.:
cbp.gov/customs/answers/detail/a_id/454

Message 4 of 4
latest reply