Help: Sending stamps and coins outside India

cochinmall
Community Member
I used to sell coins which I had in my coin collection to buyers within India.When I had send coins,I used to write on the top of the envelope that the coins are collectors coins and is of no use.

I still have a few coins and stamps left which I intend to sell.If I have to send it to a buyer oustide India,what are the steps I have to take,if I sent it by registered post and speed post.Do I have to get some declaration from the customs officials.

Kindly help me out please..

Regards
Rahul
cochinmall
Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Hi Rahul,
I am telling you something, which nobody will tell you. Never send by speedpost. I shall not go into arguments over this.
Thanx,
Truly,
Amitava
Message 2 of 9
latest reply

cochinmall
Community Member
Thanx Amitava.

I dont send by speed post.I used registered post for sending coins.It was a very good experience and buyers loved it,since it was cheap and fast within India.

I dont know the correct transit times when sent to destinations outside India.Some may take more than 5 weeks,but new paisapay doesnt encourage using registered post as 21 days is on the border line for registered post articles.

Very big problem,ebay would probably rectify it soon.

Regards
Rahul
cochinmall 😄
Message 3 of 9
latest reply

Hi Rahul,
We have a road in Kolkata, which is called bypass. You bypass PaisaP and transact with PayP.
Thanx,
Truly,
Amitava
Message 4 of 9
latest reply

PS: Unless you are vigilant about PaisaPay, well, you are in for it. Funny defective machine, full of snags. I dont have any suggestion about PaisaPay, except bypass as far as possible.
Message 5 of 9
latest reply

cochinmall
Community Member
Yea,I will be using PayPal surely.But all I wanted to know was about the declarations if any to be provided to the customs dept. when send to destinations abroad.

Is there is any formality like that??

Rahul
cochinmall
Message 6 of 9
latest reply

Hi Rahul,
The one single thing customs will see is the invoice. You may give the ebay invoice, but dont give shipping. You may give other papers. Put all them inside.
Thanx,
Truly,
Amitava
Message 7 of 9
latest reply

emailswarup
Community Member
Hi,

The main problem with PaisaPay is that you have to ensure delivery within 21 days. Most of the time it takes more than that for normal delivery by registered post outside India.

When you send stamps / coins, pack it properly so that it can not be seen by naked eye. Put the Invoices inside. Do not write anything on top of the envelop.

As per law, its not permitted to sale outside India any Indian coin which is more than 100 years old. These are considered as antique items as per Indian laws and can only be traded inside India. .
Best Regards 😄
Swarup
Kolkata

Best Regards 😄
Swarup
Kolkata

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

vvishwaa10
Community Member
iI WANT TO SEND SOME 235 COINS TO UKRAINE HOW CAN I SEND THOSE COINS BY REGISTER POST CAN ANYBODY GIVE ME SUGGESTIONS IS THERE ANY DECLARATION THAT I SHOULD WRITE IT AND GIVE TO CUSTOM OFFICIALS
Message 9 of 9
latest reply