cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue of Paypal, Purpose code, FIRC and Parcel Post form.

vismat_mega_store
Community Member
Dear All,

As we all know that RBI is getting strict day by day.
The first issue is about FIRC, What happens here is paypal is converting dollors into Indian currency at their end and then sending it to our bank account. When I approached the bank they clearly told me that " we are receiving money in Indian currency hence we cannot issue FIRC for you".

Now if we look it this way if somebody scrutinizes my account they will see that money comes in Indian currency not in allien currency. This means according to them I did not do any export and I should be chill about it and should not think further.
Now the questions is:-
why the purpose code is asked and how it is effecting my transactions and account as money is getting credited in INR.

Second,
I have an IEC registered and I sell only stamps. Whenever I send the stamps they are thin and small and they go by letter and i usually write gift. If PAYPAL PURPOSE CODES are in picture to inform RBI that the money is for a cross border transaction, then according to the law I am into export, and I am receiving money; from across the border.
But to send any item to foreign country through post we need to attach a Parcel post form normally called as PP form. This particular form has to be attested by the bank and is a part of the procedure of export documentation. According to what all I read and understood till now is that bank only attest when some foreign currency comes in my account. Now when our dear paypal does not send the money in foreign currency then this time also bank refuses to issue or attest a PP form.

Now my question to all my dear senior ebay members and staff, who receive payment by paypal and ship by india post.
Any of you attach this PP form?
Can we send stamps or philately items as letter, If yes, what documentation we need ?
Any of you were able to get FIRC from your bank while using PAYPAL?
Any of you ever got into trouble or questioned by any authorities while using paypal?

It will be great if I see contribution from Senior members, Ebayers and ebay staff members to clarify these doubts.

Thanks

Jayy
Message 1 of 14
latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

Re: Issue of Paypal, Purpose code, FIRC and Parcel Post form.

We need address of Mumbai Branch of Citi Bank where our bank can send letter for issue of FIRC.We are csending mails to citi bank every day but are not receiving any reply from them

We are in Indore and need FIRC certificate.Please provide contact person name and address of Citi Bank from which we can get the same

regards

vinit

Message 11 of 14
latest reply

Hello All My dear Firends,

I already gone through this FIRC procedure. But PayPal and CITIBANK cheat us on the name of FIRC.

I applied for FIRC to CITIBANK and also pay charge of RS230.00 for per FIRC but they give to me Advice not FIRC. And also write on advice that " "Purpose of remittance as stated by Remitter: P####: Receipts against export of goods not covered by the GR/PP/SOFTEX/EC copy of shipping bill etc.(under Intermediary/transit trade.i.e. third country export passing through India."

Also reach PayPal many time but they told only contact CITIBANK. And still I cannot reach to CITIBANK. 

Thank You

Nishant Mittal

Message 12 of 14
latest reply

Nishant
No bank is issing FIRC. They are issuing Advice only. Can you email me the copy of advice you received

Message 13 of 14
latest reply

This is for all PayPal transaction or our bank details have to send to city bank
Message 14 of 14
latest reply