cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

eBay India illegally holding small sellers money before GST. Take action

eBay.in eBay India holding sellers money illegally.
As per rules GST is from 1st July 2017. And sellers who sold items in May and June 2017 their payments blocked on 25th June 2017. They are now asking to provide GST number. So if that is the case why they allowed to place ads and allowed sales process. So that they know already thousands of small sellers do not have GST and they can illegally hold their hard earned money? This is completely illegal. eBay India involve in harassment to small Indian sellers. Government of India should immediately involve and take strict action against eBay India. Also pay compensation along with total money to the sellers. All sellers unite and fight against this illegal work of Ebay India.
Message 1 of 14
latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

I haven't received payment for the item sold in May, I don't know Under which law they suspended remmitance from 25th, 

Message 2 of 14
latest reply

Yes, even though the portal was opned on 25th only for fresh registration they have suspended seller accounts for no reason, i can understand if they are not allowing us to sell without GSTIN but holding back remittences for earlier transaction prior to the enforcment of GST Is WRONG AND BAD BY LAW EVEN, I Think as sellers we should raise our voice together and not let ebay harrass us this way.

As per goverments notification on 26th there has been a defferment in TDS AND TCS till september and also govermaent is saying that selleres wioth less than 2o lakh turnover are not liable to register immdiately.

Message 3 of 14
latest reply

But the main thing is that why was the 26th June 2017 remittance not processed in the first place, I was supposed to get 3 remittances for 3 accounts but all the dates have been pushed to 3rd July 2017 why is this done by ebay ??.

They have clearly stated that remittance will be on hold for items delivered after 1st July 2017.

And why has ebay suspended Paisapay Remittance Status is beyound my understanding, as they had mentioned that after 25th all active listings will be removed is fine enough but why suspend remittance status ?? and so now what happens to our payment. As such ebay holds our payment for 21+ days and now this delay is not acceptable at all. We have our families to feed, we have our commitments too.

Message 4 of 14
latest reply

lupays
Community Member

hello ebay know no seller can do any thing . 

Message 5 of 14
latest reply

Why not, much can be done, all effected seller just tweet the truth and only the truth what ebay India is doing with your money and how you and your family are effected by ebay India's anti-seller policies to @narendramodi and @PMOIndia and @arunjaitley and see the effect that it will have.

Message 6 of 14
latest reply

i wil wait for a few days if nothing changes we have to take action against this . What they are doing is against the law and illgeal 

Message 7 of 14
latest reply

i ocassionally sell my old stuff online when i upgrade.i am not a regular seller.

I sold an external HDD on 29- MAY-2017  of which buyer confirmed receipt on 1st june and my remittance was due 26-06-2017.

Now it shows i need to provide GSTIN for my remittance to be processed.

it is not possible for me to provide GST.

Also , i do not plan to sell anything online on or after 1st july nor i have any item that is due for delivery after 30th june.

So, what should i do now? help is greatly appreciated from exprerienced sellers.

Message 8 of 14
latest reply

sibr7059
Community Member
Yes mine also 16000 blocked.....This ebay is a **bleep**.They didn't send any email or sms that they are going to block remittance... Otherwise I would never sell on these fraudsters website
Message 9 of 14
latest reply

sibr7059
Community Member
I also sell on ShopClues and Amazon,they never put my payment. They are just warning that,to continue selling provide GST.Selling on ebay is very dangerous, when they hold money,we don't know.Please ebay,release my payment. You are harrassing me,my last transaction was on 21st june.After that no sales.I will go to consumer court,and put a case on you.Without any notice you blocked my remittance. GST was effective from also 1st july.Also other e-commerce like Shopclues and Amazon didn't start GST on payments till now.
Message 10 of 14
latest reply