International Selling FAQs

Hi Friends,

I will try to answer your queries related to International Selling through this thread.

I request all other senior eBay sellers engaged international trade to share their knowledge through this thread.

By sharing experience and knowledge, we can only gain by creating a larger market.

Kind Regards,

Mustufa Baldiwala

Please do not send me any personal message through eBay messages. I will try to answer all your queries through this thread only. Personal messages will be ignored.

Message 1 of 54
latest reply
53 REPLIES 53

Re: International Selling FAQs

Pls contact your Acct Manager at eBay.

If you are unaware, then you may send an email to eBay or you can personally visit eBay office at Delhi or Mumbai..

Message 51 of 54
latest reply

Thousands of international shipments are cleared by IndiaPost daily.. The major income of postal department is based on the postal cargo.

Message 52 of 54
latest reply

The Indian laws were formed during 1947 to 1950 by "intelligent" people... They are not changed since then... They are almost eternal laws....

The Customs Officer is right in his demand if he asks for Quarrantine / Wild Life / Agri Certificate etc.. Yes, even if you send 10g Henna Powder.

But you can explain them politely that it is not possible and request them to allow you to continue your work...

Every seller faces such issues periodically and those who have not yet faced, will certainly face such issues... We have to keep all possible documents ready and politely explain them that their demand, though it is valid, is not possible... Rest, as God wishes...

Message 53 of 54
latest reply

Dear Mustafa Sahib,

Thanks for your prompt reply. Indian post is having many options like SPEED POST, REGISTERED PARCEL, etc.

Which option will be better, economical and faster.

Thanks and best regards,

ASGHAR ALI

Message 54 of 54
latest reply