International Selling FAQs

Hi Friends,

I will try to answer your queries related to International Selling through this thread.

I request all other senior eBay sellers engaged international trade to share their knowledge through this thread.

By sharing experience and knowledge, we can only gain by creating a larger market.

Kind Regards,

Mustufa Baldiwala

Please do not send me any personal message through eBay messages. I will try to answer all your queries through this thread only. Personal messages will be ignored.

Message 1 of 54
latest reply
53 REPLIES 53

Re: International Selling FAQs

Hi Arun,

There are 2 ways:

1) Go to Feedback Forum and request for a Feedaback Revision Form. All details are available on eBay help-pages.

2) If the buyer has sent a message that they are willing to revise the feedback to a positive, then you can also send an email to your account manager with the screen shots. They will remove the negative feedback. In this case, only the negative will be removed whereas by Feedaback Revision Form, the buyer would be also send a new revised positive feedback.

Mustufa

Message 31 of 54
latest reply

Dear Mustufa,

First of all thanks a ton you are a real Gem to our ebay community.

Second question very important one.

We send goods via India post and we pack it very nicely and use good precautions in packing.. to avaoid any damage to our products. In case products get damaged during the transit and cutomer receives damaged product we issue refund.

That is completely loss to us.

What can be done to avoid huge losses.  We all are refunding amount to customers with no fault of  ours.

Is there any type of  INSURANCE  that we can get so that we can protect our selves from severe losses.

These refunds are  creating headaches.

Please guide me or its a just regular process we have to go this like this only.

Would appreciate a lot for your response.

Regards,

Arun

Message 32 of 54
latest reply

Hi Arun,

Thank you for your compliments. I am nothing. Just trying to share some experience so that we all can build a huge market of Indain products and eventually benefit. Praise should go to the founder of eBay who has created a concept of online business. It is eBay due to which several thousands of people get income as sellers and jobs as executives / programmers etc.. eBay has inspired several start ups in India which are now huge businesses. These would not have been born if eBay was not successful. What am I, just a seller.. nothing more.

Unfortunately, about the breakages, nothing can be done. All sellers on eBay are facing this issue and the only resolution is to issue refund. There are no insurances unless sent via FEDEX or DHL or TNT.. And these companies also do not pass the insurance claim easily..It is a huge headache and I have undergone such pain.. FEDEX, has lost my 42K worth shipment and they are not answering since last 40 days... I take these losses as a part of life of an online seller..

Kind Regards,

Mustufa

Message 33 of 54
latest reply

Thanks a ton Mustufa for your prmpt reply.

I will make sure packing is more better.

Regards,

Arun

Message 34 of 54
latest reply

Dear members

I want to sell my items globally.

I m individual( i dont have company) and can i send my product to global market with ebay order statements ?

Plz also do advice me the rite way for selling my product globally.

Thanks.

Message 35 of 54
latest reply

Dear members

Plz also advice me abt custom cleaning.
Message 36 of 54
latest reply

Hi,

I am a seller in Ebay.in,but I would like to sell on ebay global,could you please advise if Indian Debit cards are accepted by Paypal,if so,what banks have the facility.Thankyou.

regards,

TMS

Message 37 of 54
latest reply

Hi,

All the credit and debit cards from Indian bank are now accepted by PayPal.

You can check with HDFC, Kotak, Yes, ICICI or SBI... All cards work now.

Regards,

Mustufa

Message 38 of 54
latest reply

Dear Mustufa,

Hope you are doing fine.

I have one question in regards to Unclaimed parcels coming back.

In case of  unclaimed parcels,, if the customer comes back and give us negative feedback is that judstified ?

Mustufa how may unclaimed parcels can we expect as we are not providing any tracking number. What percentage ?

I have also received one parcel with no unclaimed written on it and it was stamped as custom passed and it also showed me that parcel reached at destionation country but my customer never received it.

Now as my sales r going up these unclaimed parcels cases are also slightly going up.

One more thing I always provide delivery address mentioned on ebay sales record. Is that fine or shall I mention paypal confirmed address only.

Please throw some light on these matter.

Thanks Mustufa for your support and suggestions.

Regards.

Message 39 of 54
latest reply

Hi Arun,

Sorry for the delay in response.

With 10 International Sales Per day, I have the following break-up based on my experience:

1) One refund every alternate day - irrespective of the amount

2) One Unclaimed shipments returned every Week - which is either refunded previously or needs to be refunded

3) One extremely rude and aggressive buyer who wants you to deliver in less than 7 days (even though you have mentioned that it will take at least 3 to 4 weeks for delivery)

4) One negative feedaback per month -- Which may be reverted by buyer if you give refund and communicate in a very very very friendly tone. In most of the cases, it is never a seller's fault but about 0.1% of buyers of eBay are rude. And we cannot avoid them.

Wish you a very Happy Diwali.

Best Regards,

Mustufa

Message 40 of 54
latest reply