International Courier rates

essech
Community Member
Reputed couriers all charge around Rs 1900 for halg kg packet to USA. When I tell US buyers this amount, they do not come back to buy.
How come some sellers offering shipping at Rs 800 to the USA for a saree?
Please help.
Message 1 of 43
latest reply
42 REPLIES 42

sugandhim
Community Member
Dear Seller,

UPS is offering highly discounted rates (around 70% doscount on their listed price) to ship internationally for ebay sellers. UPS is undisputably the most efficient way of shipping outside India.

I have shipped a few consignments recently (Earlier I was using FedEx. It provides you with an user id and password whereby you can log on to your account on the UPS webpage create shipment and track the same.

Foreign buyers are often more comfortable getting stuff from these courier companies as most of them have accounts with them as a result of which you can also bill the shipping amount on the buyers if he wishes to.

Regards,
Nikunj
Message 11 of 43
latest reply

batrasaab
Community Member
Dear,
You buy anything in the world rates always depend upon the voulumes... Have u ever thought that how reliance / tata Air tel is able to sell a mobile at 999/- with connection when the same handset if purchased otherwise cost Arond 1800/-....
Simple its Quantity buying benefit which they offer u.
I am from courier trade we can give you rates of Many MNC Couriers Lesser than their tariff even 50%.
Check my web site: www.efcml.com for rates.
Rgds
Batra
Message 12 of 43
latest reply

mangooptics
Community Member
Dear Anmol_Kreations,
I am a new seller on e-bay.... i wanted to know that,
1) whether there has to be a customs clearance for the goods we are exporting,
2)Do we have to declare the value of the goods we are sending. If yes then in what form.
3)Can you recommend some good sites to have a detailed info on related subjects
Message 13 of 43
latest reply

Hello,
I would like to share some details:

I think one should tie up with any of the Indian (or foreign) service providers like DTDC, Blazeflash or others and ask for a detailed quote for various international destinations and various weight categories.
You will have to personally meet the manager at the local courier office and sort this out one-time.

I use Blazeflash and they charge me anywhere between 325 and 200 per kg for different weight categories; for the high-traffic destinations USA, UK, CANADA, GERMANY.

Regards
Shahnawaz
Message 14 of 43
latest reply

shilotilo
Community Member
Hi,
How can I ship jewellery items (diamonds, etc) within India/ outside India?
Courier services usually do not ship these items, so how are sellers shipping these?
Message 15 of 43
latest reply

pureandorganic
Community Member
I make homemade facial anti-aging oils and masks, can I ship these to the US? Because they normally ask for some declaration form from the company and mine is not a company but a home based business and its liquid(oil) so will it clear customs?
Message 16 of 43
latest reply

sasnoor
Community Member
would u tell me forigen post office in mumbai any one
Message 17 of 43
latest reply

linkwayshop
Community Member
we deal in international courier service at special rates so for any International Courier requirement contact us at

sunnypunjabi@gmail.com

Regards
Message 18 of 43
latest reply

shoppers_corner2000
Community Member
essech ur right ebay should realy do that.. ok people even i have a question can any body help me what are the eligibility for international selling? if im sending mobile which is for 2500 so should i decleare it in the courier form or i should say that its just for 500 rs i have heard that if u declear the value then the buyers have to face the problem of custom.. but even if i say that its only for 500 rs then if it get lost then i'll get only 25% insurance which will be like 150 or something so what to do plzzzz any 1 tell me
Message 19 of 43
latest reply

havenindia
Community Member
Hi, I have been unable to get insurance from India post for International parcels.
Does anyone know of any independant insurance companies for parcel/transit shipping insurance?
Message 20 of 43
latest reply