cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does any one face the same problem to ship to Canada?

realcoinmart12
Community Member
Hi,
Recently i have ship few coins and notes to Canada, all of them are ship via Registered Airmail, and all weight is not more that 50gms.

As i have send it by registered mail i have got tracking and when i check the tracking by entering in the Canadapost.ca site. all item are showing the same result that your item has reached in Canada and it will be reviewed by Customs.

But 2 letters has been reach on 15th of June and still not delivered, now i am worried because seller may file a dispute, i am also in touch with the seller. But i don't know how long he will wait if the item is not delivered.

So any suggestion and let me know if any one has the same kind of experience.

Regards,
Saiyed
Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

mathaindia
Community Member
Canadian customs is sometimes really slow to check items so you have to explain that to your buyer and send them details of the tracking info.
SOmetimes I have found Customs take one month to review an item and there is nothing you can do about that except keep clear communication. It doesnt always happen with Canada but its happened to me about 6 times.
it will get through to them eventually provided its a legal import you're sending.
Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Hi,
I feel that you should keep up communicating honestly. In fact, it is impossible to predict which item will get stuck at which country's customs. Also it is buyer's responsibility to pay customs duty. If the amount is not large, he will pay up and if you like, you may share the loss. It is upto you. Just be polite with buyer and no harm will be done. I dont have any other suggestion.
Thanx,
Truly,
Amitava
Message 3 of 4
latest reply

zbzfashionmart
Community Member
Canada Custom is very slow and strict so please make sure with the Canadian Buyer that it will take long time sometime due to strict canada Custom procedure.

Also mentioned that fact in the item description from now for the canada buyer. So it will save you from the dispute and negative comments.

thanks.
Message 4 of 4
latest reply