cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Why should we write here ? Any utility ?

emailswarup
Community Member
Hi,

I used to write a lot on these boards but now a days I have lost the urged. A few days back Indraneel phoned me from ebay, asking me to be regular again. I appreciate the initiative taken by Indraneel to increase interactions on board. But does ebay really values what the members are writting ? What happens when we raise any issue? Does ebay care ? When we suggest something does anyone responsible from ebay care to evaluate the suggestions properly ? We often see messages by the ebay officials that they are judging the merits of a few suggestions but have any been implememnted recently ?

Let us see what were the hot topics of discussions in the last one year.
1. There were discussions regarding Listing fees. There were supporters and protesters. Lots of suggestions. Not a single one implemented.

2. New PaisaPay introduction
So many protests and complains - so many bugs identified. Almost no action by ebay
We still have no choice over remittance and pay FIRC multiple times - wastage of money.
The International delivery time is the same for someone opting for Express delivery or ordinary delivery and that is very much justified as per ebay. It means, as per ebay, irrespective of whether you pay for travel by plane / train / bus the time to reach your destination is the same. For any type of delivery we have to deliver within 21 days or risk to loose both our money and materials.

Can anyone explain why should we continue to write on these boards .
Best Regards ๐Ÿ˜„
Swarup
Kolkata

Best Regards ๐Ÿ˜„
Swarup
Kolkata

Message 1 of 14
latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

techniwas
Community Member
Hi Swarup,

You have hit a valid point. This is exactly what has affected the performance of eBay in INDIA.

Although the mgmt is always aware of the issues the action takes lot of time.

I believe this is due to the massive global presence of eBay. Probably every action is required to be sanctioned by the HQ.

Time is running, i believe Online Shopping in India is booming and in the coming years the market can grow tremendously. eBay needs to (once again i stress) stabilize the selling process and make it dependable.

We have no option but to remain optimistic.

TechiE
Message 2 of 14
latest reply

I agree with Swarup!

Why should we write here?

Message 3 of 14
latest reply

trust.deals
Community Member
Hi! emailswarup, shree_krishna_gems & techniwas

I totally disagree with this opinion.

I know that there are times when there is no response from eBay to many important topics. But it is not true that they ingore it or donot go through it.

Each and every post is read my majority of the ebay staff members and they do discuss it at the back end.

We should not stop writing our views and problems.

Keep Writing.... They should know what's happening at the sellers end.

Regards
Shuaib
Message 4 of 14
latest reply

indraneel@ebay.com
Community Member
Hello emailswarup, shree_krishna_gems & techniwas,

Thank you for expressing your concerns with us here. We are glad that we have such a forum where we can sense the pulse of the community and address their concerns. We would like to reiterate the fact that all the suggestions/issues/questions raised by the members on the community boards are discussed with the concerned teams at eBay and we all stay updated of what the community pulse is.

We have implemented many changes in the past few months based on the suggestions/feedback provided by our valued members of the community boards viz. Changes to Express Remittance policies/ relaxing ER limits, PaisaPay Seller Protection, changes to the VAT policy, changes to the Images guidelines for Lingerie category, reviewing PaisaPay Timelines for Categories / Products Lines which need customization etc. etc. Community boards not only help us interact with our passionate members like you on a daily basis but also provide a strong reason to make any change to benefit the community.

Any change is a combination of community need, backed by internal data analysis and thorough thinking on all aspects of the business and overall mass community impact that the change may have.

While Iโ€™d only request all to believe the fact that we try our best to address members concerns/suggestions, Iโ€™m sure you all must be aware that this is a place which ties the eBay staff and the community together.

We hope we were able to provide some answers to the question raised by you :-).

Regards,
The eBay Team
Message 5 of 14
latest reply

snrama
Community Member
Hi Swarup,

I too disagree with you. Many sellers have benefited of sharing the knowledge by posting at community boards.

We have received good response for the eBay team. For some issues like Listing Fees, most were against it and eBay did needed this change to avoid fraud sellers.

As Shuaib said, Most of the eBay team do read all the posts discuss it at the back end. ---------------
With Regards,
Navaneeth (snrama) ๐Ÿ˜‰
---------------
With Regards,
Navaneeth (snrama) ๐Ÿ˜‰
Message 6 of 14
latest reply

Hi all,

In the recent months we have seen a lot of changes in both buying and selling experience on eBay. We know that most of the benefits were for the buyers but now eBay is looking at genuine Sellers too. Hope sellers will be benefited by various programs that are scheduled to be launched in the coming months.

I agree that these changes are coming up by our feedbacks posted in the boards.

Regards,

Message 7 of 14
latest reply

techniwas
Community Member
I agree with Navneeth, Shuaib and Indraneel that all posts are read and considered.

The question is how soon the changes are implemented!

Its a accepted fact that the community is one of the crucial things that differentiates eBay from other platforms. But then what we want to see eBay using the community to its full potential.

As for writing on the boards: I would certainly continue writing as long as i can, as much as i can.

TechiE
Message 8 of 14
latest reply

snrama
Community Member
Hi Ankur,

Members should keep on posting on boards.

All opinions can't be taken into action from a company, But can be re-think about the issue.

This doesn't mean that we need to stop posting.

I hope eBay team will listen the opinions of members and will make changes it accordingly on requirement basis. ---------------
With Regards,
Navaneeth (snrama) ๐Ÿ˜‰
---------------
With Regards,
Navaneeth (snrama) ๐Ÿ˜‰
Message 9 of 14
latest reply

Hi Swarup,
Ebay India does not respect philatelists and intellectual items sellers. They are simple banias and evaluate a person by the total volume of sales.
Only one good thing they have done so far. You get little bit of cosolation FB score for repeat selling. Only little bit. But thats all.
Indraneel is definitely a good boy. I personally like his attitude. But it does not help much. They dont want criticism. They want only praises.
Thanx,
Truly,
Amitava
Message 10 of 14
latest reply