Why does the seller threaten the buyer ?

harish.iyer
Community Member
Almost all items on eBay have the following or similar text posted in the description
"PLACING NEGATIVE FEEDBACK WILL NEVER SOLVE ANY OF THE PROBLEMS"

I am sure any buyer is not interested in leaving a negative feedback if the item received is as per description.
I can understand contacting the seller for clarifications. But messages like above are very threatening.

Learn to improve your services and not give opportunities to buyers to post a negative feedback.
I have been a member on eBay for many years now. rarely have i been in situations where i am pushed to give a negative feedback.
Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

harish.iyer

Not all buyers on eBay are same. Some buyer not want to sort out there issues if any after the purchase. They leaves directly negatives to seller and lateron when seller calls they simply hangup there calls.

Also some buyers take advantage of feedback system. They leaves negative to seller & then demand the solution. So that is the reason some sellers mention in description the above sentence.

:)
Message 2 of 7
latest reply

harish.iyer...

The sentence "PLACING NEGATIVE FEEDBACK WILL NEVER SOLVE ANY OF THE PROBLEMS" is absolutely correct.

Reason: You have given a Negative feedback because you have an issue. Will Negative feedback solve your problem ??? No never but talking to the seller will definitely solve your issues don't you think so ???? and anyway if the issue is not resolved then you can always give Negative feedback later. what's the hurry.

Believe me when I tell you that buyers are pampered on ebay India, so enjoy.
StopandShop
Message 3 of 7
latest reply

"Reason: You have given a Negative feedback because you have an issue. Will Negative feedback solve your problem ??? No never but talking to the seller will definitely solve your issues don't you think so ????"

Then, why doesn't ebay stop the system of negative feedback?

"and anyway if the issue is not resolved then you can always give Negative feedback later. what's the hurry."

Of course, there is a time limit for negative feedback also.
Message 4 of 7
latest reply

prabhjot85
Community Member
Well, don't get hung on that statement. Just do whatever you think is right. If you think the seller deserves a bad feedback for the service provided so be it.
Message 5 of 7
latest reply

You cannot expect a seller to resolve your issue after you have already done the damage by leaving negative feedback. Use your privilege of leaving negative feedback when you have contacted the seller and he is not providing you a acceptable resolution.
Message 6 of 7
latest reply

yes that is right. please contact seller first b4 -ve f/b
Message 7 of 7
latest reply