What Is Dealer Warranty????

prakash_rathore
Community Member
All My Dear Friends,
I am buyer on eBay & purchased many things from my other account within last 6 months e.g. Laptop,42"Plasma TV,High End Mobiles.

In some the products you will find Manufacturers Warranty & In some you will find Dealers Or Sellers Warranty.

Manufacturers Warranty - If you had some issues in your product you can get it repaired at any service center of the across india.

Dealer Warranty - All grey market products like lcd tv's with fake bill,fake chinese mobiles & replica of luxury brands.I saw many seller selling grey market products with dealer warranty.What is the sense of it.
Suppose you purchased a lcd tv with dealer warranty from mumbai seller & you live in jaipur.If something happens within 3-6 months what will you do you will send the tv weighting appx 40 kg to mumbai to get it repaired.
I saw a buyer in posts received a plasma tv in broken condition & item was in dealer warranty & now seller is asking 10,000 more to ship new.
eBay is allowing such seller to promote their grey market products on there homepage.

You should never buy a product on ebay with dealer warranty
Message 1 of 32
latest reply
31 REPLIES 31

Hello,

I totally agree.

Dealer Warranty is the BIGGEST SHAM invented by e-com merchants in conjuction with the site owners.

Most Buyer feel re-assured with a warranty so give them a sham.

A warranty would only work if it is from the first source, the Manufacturer or the Importer as it were.

Only the Manufacturer or the importer has the resources, access to spares, the technical knowhow to give warranty service.

A dealer who deals in 5 different product lines and 10 brands in each product lines and with about 10 models in a brand, that would make about 500 skus. No dealer can be expected to have the technical knowledge or other resouces to service such a huge inventory.

Than there is the other problem which you so lucidly mentioned. How can you send a product weighing 40 kgs to avail warranty. A dealer cannot possible have service tie-ups across India.

It is high time ebay banned Seller Warranties. Grey Market products all over India are sold without any warranties so let it be the same on ebay.in Alteast buyers will not be defruaded by these shams, we call "dealer warranty"

A solution has been suggested. In the USA, there are professional companies like Square Trade which offers genuine Third Party warranties at a cost. Yes peace of mind always comes at a cost.
And every buyer will be ready to pay for it.

-----------
Devesh
Message 2 of 32
latest reply

e.jewel
Community Member
I do agree with Deveshji.

With Regards
Message 3 of 32
latest reply

Good to have come across this thread...Thank whoever that people are warming up to the scam that is the dealer's warranty...Dealer's warranty is the first sign that there is something not OK with the product. To add to what Mr.Devesh said, the only resources the 'dealer' has in case something goes wrong is a pile of excuses and scape-outs. Same for 14-day money-back, especially if seller is selling a high value item under these.

Another thing that i have experienced is sellers selling OEM versions of the electronic items (especially hard drives and laptop/mobile accessories) at nearly the price of the retail version. For difference between OEM and retail versions, go here:

http://www.pcguide.com/buy/des/specRetail-c.html

Let's hope ebay makes it mandatory to declare the product as OEM or Retail version in the listings, especially for electronic items. -- Signature: I am Jack's complete lack of surprise.
-- Signature: I am Jack's complete lack of surprise.
Message 4 of 32
latest reply

Is anyone from the Ebay team looking at this?
Message 5 of 32
latest reply

vkrm2000
Community Member
@ eBay team

Some seller while listing "Bluedio AV890 Stereo Bluetooth Headset" mentioned as: Product sold under manufacturer warranty : should be sent to the respective brands service centre for required services Product will be delivered in sealed original packing with original manuals. Incase of products received dead on arrival with manufacturer warranty should be sent to the service centre of the manufacturer and not to the seller. The Customer Service Number of the Manufacturer is printed on the package. Please save this for future reference

Bledio is a Chinees company, Is this company having any authorized distributors/dealers/service stations in India????
It is highly misleading!!!!!!!!!

Regards
VKRM2000
Message 6 of 32
latest reply

vkrm2000
Community Member
@ eBay team

Some seller while listing "Bluedio AV890 Stereo Bluetooth Headset" mentioned as: Product sold under manufacturer warranty : should be sent to the respective brands service centre for required services Product will be delivered in sealed original packing with original manuals. Incase of products received dead on arrival with manufacturer warranty should be sent to the service centre of the manufacturer and not to the seller. The Customer Service Number of the Manufacturer is printed on the package. Please save this for future reference

Bledio is a Chinees company, Is this company having any authorized distributors/dealers/service stations in India????
It is highly misleading!!!!!!!!!

Regards
VKRM2000
Message 7 of 32
latest reply

@vkrm2000...

Sir, you are right, there is no Bluedio service center in India. Those who make such claims are telling lies, all warranty offered on this item is just dealer warranty and not manufacturer warranty. Dealer warranty on this also useless and no dealer on ebay has the required expertise to repair this product, even its parts are not available in India.
RajElectroniks
Message 8 of 32
latest reply

vkrm2000
Community Member
@ Buyers [in search of Stereo Bluetooth Headset at reasonable price(Rs600/-)]

I purchased the same item,[Bluedio AV890 Stereo Bluetooth Headset] from some other genuine seller. He has not mentioned such false claims.In fact the item is not having any warranty, there are no such warranty details / contact details / service station details on/inside the pack.

Beware of such sellers!!!!!!!!

The item "Bluedio AV890 Stereo Bluetooth Headset" is awesome,worth buying. It is coming only for Rs600/-
If you want to purchase the near similar item from NOKIA/SAMSUNG/SONYERICSSON/JABRA it would cost around 3000 bucks.

The audio quality is excellent, pairing/operation is very simple, it will work with almost all company mobiles, we can enjoy video call more comfortably.

Once again the item is awesome and worth buying, Don't be greedy, purchase from genuine sellers.

Regards
VKRM2000
Message 9 of 32
latest reply

mailtosupriyo
Community Member
I was thinking to buy a LCD TV (SONY BRAVIA KLV-32CX520) from e-bay listed in the "Deals of the Week" but stopped seeing Dealer's / Seller's Warranty related to that product. Now after reading this post I have decided not buy the product with such warranty. Thanks everyone for your updates and valuable informations regarding this. e-bay should stop selling such product listings.
Message 10 of 32
latest reply