What Is Dealer Warranty????

prakash_rathore
Community Member
All My Dear Friends,
I am buyer on eBay & purchased many things from my other account within last 6 months e.g. Laptop,42"Plasma TV,High End Mobiles.

In some the products you will find Manufacturers Warranty & In some you will find Dealers Or Sellers Warranty.

Manufacturers Warranty - If you had some issues in your product you can get it repaired at any service center of the across india.

Dealer Warranty - All grey market products like lcd tv's with fake bill,fake chinese mobiles & replica of luxury brands.I saw many seller selling grey market products with dealer warranty.What is the sense of it.
Suppose you purchased a lcd tv with dealer warranty from mumbai seller & you live in jaipur.If something happens within 3-6 months what will you do you will send the tv weighting appx 40 kg to mumbai to get it repaired.
I saw a buyer in posts received a plasma tv in broken condition & item was in dealer warranty & now seller is asking 10,000 more to ship new.
eBay is allowing such seller to promote their grey market products on there homepage.

You should never buy a product on ebay with dealer warranty
Message 1 of 32
latest reply
31 REPLIES 31

Re: What Is Dealer Warranty????

"Dealer warranty" is nothing but a term coined by sellers to deceive buyers.

Buyers come in the trap by looking at the low price on dealers warranty (about 5-10% less than actual price).

But in actual, no warranty is received by the buyers.

@safalc wrote:

Thank you Prakash for the information...

Its really very helpful.

Message 31 of 32
latest reply

Re: What Is Dealer Warranty????

Further, to my previous post I would like to alert the possible customers of ebay that they should not make any purchase through their seller ""mobilesmall9860" , as it is complete fraud.

On the name of sellers/dealers warranty, "mobilesmall9860" sells the items and then forgets to give any warranty.

This seller is even not picking my phone or even did not pick my phone once to address the warranty for a item with 5 months warranty left.

My dissatisfactions is with ebay too. As ebay also did not respond to my problem.

In all, I suggest not to purchase any item with dealers warranty.
Message 32 of 32
latest reply