cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Updates on eBay Fees, PaisaPay Shipping and Remittance Timelines etc.

Updates on eBay Fees, PaisaPay Shipping and Remittance Timelines, and Auto email from Selling Manager Pro System

Dear members,

We would love to hear from you. Please post your feedback/suggestions/queries regarding this here.

Regards,

Team eBay India.

Message 1 of 66
latest reply
65 REPLIES 65

Re: Updates on eBay Fees, PaisaPay Shipping and Remittance Timelines etc.

I dont think so dear

Message 31 of 66
latest reply

@windstruck100 wrote:

I dont think so dear

What is the rate for 30 day listing then?

http://pages.ebay.in/help/account/fees/new.html

Or is it just free?

If they are forcing new sellers to buy store subscription for 30 day listings then it's as outragious as newly imposed 14 days remittance period.

Message 32 of 66
latest reply

I AM LISTING AROUND 6,000 ITEMS PER MONTH AND AT LEAST 4,000 ITEMS ARE BELOW RS100. WITH THE FVF HIKED TO MINIMUM  RS10 IT MAKES NO SENSE TO LIST ANY ITEMS BELOW RS100. I HAVE MANY  CUSTOMERS BUYING CHEAP COINS FROM ME AND NOW I HAVE TO LOOK FOR OTHER ALTERNATIVE TO SELL. 

ANY COINS I AM SELLING AT RS10 NOW WILL  HAVE TO SELL AT RS17 TO BREAK EVEN. ( ALMOST DOUBLE THE CURRENT PRICE). I DO NOT THINK I WILL GET ANY CUSTOMERS AND HAVE TO DELIST 4,000 ITEMS FROM MY STORE. IT IS A LOSS FOR ME AND ALSO FOR EBAY.

NOW I HAVE TO MOVE MY BUSINESS TO OTHER PORTAL OR NEED TO OPEN MY OWN WEBSITE. WITH THE NEW POLICY , THE EBAY IS GOING TO LOSE A LOT OF BUSINESS AND THINK AGAIN BEFORE IMPLEMENTING THE LATEST MEASURES.

REGARDS

MANJUNATHA

Message 33 of 66
latest reply

Hi,

30 days listing for non-store sellers remains the same as before.

Regards,
Team eBay India.
Message 34 of 66
latest reply

sellercare@ebay.com wrote:
Hi,

30 days listing for non-store sellers remains the same as before.

Regards,
Team eBay India.

What's the insertion fee for 30 day listing (after this policy comes into play)?

Message 35 of 66
latest reply

Hi All and to eBay Team,

We are selling on eBay since long and overall it's a good experience in terms of sales volume. eBay.in gets many visits on a daily basis and in turn, we as a seller gets good sales.

Now saying this, we would like to share our feedback about eBay policies.

1. Buyer protection: eBay policy to protect byers is good but at the same time eBay should listen to seller also. We as a seller, we have adopted a policy of "No Questions Asked Return". We always take returns from our buyers without asking a reason. Although, some buyer opens a dispute and that case goes against us. We are always ready to give refund, if buyer is satisfied with the replacement or refund than why we sellers are punished.
  2. Seller protection: We sellers should be heard by eBay, in case of guarantee claim, we never get call from eBay team, and case always goes against us. We sellers should also be protected against false feedback and false cases. eBay should understand that we are not here to cheat people, we want to make business. In our case we are engaged with eBay since 2006, if we are here to cheat people than we have not sustained so long.
  3. Account manager: We should get support from account manager. As of now, we don't even know the name of our account manager, as we have not received any communication or call from our account manager.
  4. eBay Customer Care: Please improve seller care service, we always get standard replies when we call for any query. For them, we are just an incident that they have to close. We sent email to PowerShip, SellerCare, and many others, nit never got satisfied reply.
  5. Listing fees: As many others mentioned, there should not be any charge for FVF for an unsuccessful transaction, we agree to that. At the same time, we believe that there should not be listing charge. Other marketplaces are not charging fees for listing. When we analyzed invoice for last one year, we came to know that almost 30-40% fees were on account of listing fees. as per the new policy there will be 750 free listings per month for the featured store, what about other stores.
  6. eBay invoice: eBay collects eBay FVF through invoice, this should be changed. FVF should be charged with paisapay fees, and FVF + PaisaPay should be debited from weekly remittance. eBay invoice should include store fees only.
  7. Paisapay fees: eBay should remove the paisapay collection charge. Instead, there should be single charge. Just commission % based on the category.
  8. Feedback profile: New feedback policy looks promising but 3 star ratings will also be considered as defect which is not fair. eBay should come up with some weightage method. In any case 3 star ratings should not be considered as defect. Most of buyers do not know about the meaning of stars, they just give random ratings. We have got 1 star even for shipping charge of Rs. 30/-. We have got low ratings for communication, whereas there was no communication except standard thank you email, and transaction was very smooth so no other communication was required. In fact there is no point in keeping communication as one of the point.
  9. Listing limitations: eBay imposed listing limitations based on feedback and expect seller to improve the performance. How can a seller improve the performance when seller is not allowed to list new item? Because of listing limitations, sale volumes is dropped drastically and because of that number of transactions are reduced for last one year, and in turn increased percentage of defect rate. 
  10. Remittance: We don't think, remittance policy needs any change. eBay remittance policy is best among everyone else. New policy will discourage sellers. What's the point in holding seller payment? 

We hope that eBay will consider the above mentioned feedback and will provide more support to sellers with seller friendly policies. At the same time, we want to reiterate the fact that sellers are also committed to provide 100% customer satisfaction. eBay platform provided us a nice opportunity to sell our goods to every corner of India and we will surely want to make eBay as number one marketplace.

Thanks

Message 36 of 66
latest reply

I did a business of approx Rs 1 cr in last 3-4 months and I deal in home appliances which are shipped under surface mode. Surface mode delivery takes atleast 7 days but customer received mail from ebay stating delivery date estimated within 48 hrs which is no whete possible in surface mode due to which I receive low dsr in shipping and account status is standard.
We have decided to discontinue business with ebay from 7 th july onwards and is shifting our business to snapdeal.
Message 37 of 66
latest reply

Can someone please tell me what's the requirement for an 'Above standard' seller level?

Message 38 of 66
latest reply

I Have Already Started

Message 39 of 66
latest reply

I fully support what mammai.coins.notes says. Will have to remove more then 75% of my listing from the site.
Message 40 of 66
latest reply