To Mr. Rajan Mehra,Country Manager.

Dear Rajanji,
I was posting the message but suddenly the post was locked.

You talk about the "export formalities" .
The FIRC is the Legal Requirement or you can say legal formalities.

Paisapay do not provide any FIRC,which can satisfy the legal requirement of custom rules and thus its not possible to sell items to other countries by receiving payment through Paisapay.

The rules are not for me or some few sellers but its for each and every sellers who wish to export goods.

I hope now many members have realise the mistake they are making.

Regards,
Deep Agarwal.
Shree Krishna Gems

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

shamimhassan
Community Member
How in the world are we going to compete with international markets when our exporters are faced with such basic problems.

Dr. Shamim A. Hassan
Khobar Saudi Arabia
Message 2 of 9
latest reply

indconcepts
Community Member
Dr. Shamim A. Hassan,

It's always great to see you encouraging us on the Community Boards.

Yes, you are quite right .... we cannot compete in the International markets. Thats because ebay is giving us a platform to trade but not the knowledge / procedure to trade.

We just can't do it ILLEGALLY.

Am quite sure that every Seller, trading Internationally over ebay, is doing so against the Reserve Bank of India Rules.

Thats because ebay is not issuing any certificate for the Foreign currency received on Sellers behalf ( It's called FIRC)

Non of the Co-Sellers, who are trading Internationally, likes to participate in this discussion which shows there is something fishy out there.

Even ebay doesn't care to organise a workshop on this issue. .

best regards

Umang Midha

IndConcepts logo7

best regards

Umang Midha

IndConcepts logo7
Message 3 of 9
latest reply

Hello,

eBay sellers are exporting goods to other countries by receiving international payment through paisapay without having FIRC,This is competely illegal. Previously I was having some doubt but now I am very sure as the Senior Custom officer had told me about it.

Now I am very sure that all sellers who are doing export by accepting payment through paisapay are doing it illegal and RBI guidelines are directly ignored.

Most of the sellers donโ€™t know this but I am sure it will result something serious in near future.

eBay sellers do not have any fault but the fault is from eBay side, They dont want to provide FIRC and keep on saying everything is legal as far as the sellers are compiled with the "Export Formality".

Please all eBay sellers note that Export Formality include FIRC(as we all eBay sellers first get full advance payment and the we send the items to buyers)

eBay never replied the issue directly and keep on escaping the main point i.e. FIRC.

Now I request more members to come forward and support this post, So that we can get FIRC and can do export without any problem and most importantly do export in a legal way.

Best Regards,
Deep Agarwal.
Shree Krishna Gems

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

shamimhassan
Community Member
Dear Umang,
Thank you for your sweet comments. Umm..eBay.in is receiving foreign exchange on behalf of the exporters on eBay.in and not issuing FIRC, somthing fisy is going on inside eBay.in. Looks like that they are dumping all the hard earned foreign exchange by the exporters in their own accounts and taking the benifits from Govt. of India.
Would anybody from eBay.in like to comment on this!
With regards and best wishes to all.

Dr. Shamim A. Hassan
Khobar Saudi Arabia
Message 5 of 9
latest reply

Hi Community Members,

I am selling jewellery internationally since 3 years from my site and since 8 months on eBay. My credit card processing company, CCAvenue too do not give so called FIRC and I have never been asked for it at the Post Office. I use Registered Airmail and Speed Post (EMS) for shipping the items to my international customers.

I have a plus point that I do not ship jewellery in large numbers, the items are in 1-4 pieces per shipment of value under US$100. I don't think it is illegal. Customs and Export formalities are for large exporters. I don't think it is necessary for small sellers like me.

Best Regards,
Mohib-uz-Zaman
Ranchi
Message 6 of 9
latest reply

indconcepts
Community Member
Dear Mohib-uz-Zaman,

You are not declaring it as a commercial shipment and that's the reason you are not facing any problem.

Since all your consigments whether big or small are commercial, you need to fill RBI's PP form.

For your information CC Avenue is also issuing FIRC .... you may visit their website and check for details.

I would suggest that you talk to the Custom Officer sitting at the main Post Office and you will get to know the facts. .

best regards

Umang Midha

IndConcepts logo7

best regards

Umang Midha

IndConcepts logo7
Message 7 of 9
latest reply

emailswarup
Community Member
Hi,

Sorry for not being able to visit the community regularly now-a-days. Last time also I saw a similar thread and its here this time too. So I think this is our hot topic now !! Why not !! Everybody feels good to earn some FOREX for the country.

I am not knowledgeable about this but here's my opinion.

First I would like to put some links which I think are relevant

http://www.rbi.org.in/scripts/BS_ECMCatDisplay.aspx?catid=10

http://www.rbi.org.in/scripts/ECMUserView.aspx?Id=30&CatID=10#f_6f_3

http://rbidocs.rbi.org.in/rdocs/Forms/PDFs/form-pp.pdf

http://sezindia.nic.in/rbi11.asp

Now about the FIRC - When we export something ( outside ebay ) we get the payments in our Bank accounts. Then we get FIRCs from the bank as the amounts have been remitted directly to our accounts ( thru various Bank instruments like Swift transfers / online transfers .... ). But here I think PaisaPay is getting the FOREX remittance in their account and they are entitled to get the FIRC from the Bank. We are getting payments in INR from PaisaPay after deduction of their charges etc. So its not like a simple export that we do in our professional fields. There we are entitled to get benefits of FOREX earning ( dwindling day by day ) but I doubt whether our exports thru ebay will entitle us for any such benefit as its not direct but via ebay. So one has to talk with a knowledgeable legal expert to know whether we are entitled to get FIRC. I don't like talking to the Govt. personnel. With due respect to the members talking to various Govt. officials, my personal experience about the legal knowledge of many high ranking Govt. officials, is not a bright one. In my professional life ( quite small compared to many of our fellow members ) I have seen many Govt. officials with high ranks but a very shoddy knowledge. Many are more concerned to earn some extra bucks than updating themselves with the ever changing rules and circulars. I have seen many officials who were trying to slap penalties on me on some flimsy grounds. I had to show them the rules in their own books ( they don't rely on the information displayed on their own sites ) to prove that they are wrong. So better to consult with some knowledgeable legal practitioner dealing with EXIM cases. If we are entitled to get FIRCs then ebay must send those.

In the RBI PP form (link above) only the money received has to be stated. It does not ask specifically for FIRC.

Dear Deep, I saw in one post that you are thinking about refusing an order from Italy as you do not have FIRC and do not want to declare the item as gift. Gifts worth upto 1 lakh are now exempted from such formalities ( link above ). Anyway its good to be honest but not good to loose business. So I have one suggestion, mainly for high value transactions. I had once paid you thru one ICICI account. Hope you are still continuing that. In that case you may request the buyer to make a Swift transfer directly to your account. The total charges ( sender + receiver ) for such a transfer from Italy should normally be around 10-15 Euros + Rs.281. The charges varies with the Banks and amount but for high values it won't be too much higher than the PaisaPay charges. It can even be less for very high values like, say, 50K. As you know, thru Swift transfer you can get the money in 3-4 days and get the FIRC readily from the Bank.

Lastly, if we are entitled to get FIRC then ebay must issue it. Else they should at least participate in the discussions and explain rather than locking the postings.
Sapana, I am sorry if I sound rude but please ask someone on your side, knowledgeable about those, to participate and pacify the members. I think Umang too sounds distressed. Don't let the discontent to grow. Locking threads will just aggravate the matter. .
Best Regards ๐Ÿ˜„
Swarup
Kolkata

Best Regards ๐Ÿ˜„
Swarup
Kolkata

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

snrama
Community Member
Hi Swarup,