ROUGUE BIDDERS

dictions52
Community Member
I have attempted to sell a few items in ebay, India. And each time in the past, someone bid, and eventually end up not paying! The last of such experince is on the 25th December when one syah1987 bid for my used Ipod, and simply wrote to me telling "He doesnt have money to pay and sorry!" and latter claiming he is "sick and need money for his treatment". Then the same old process.......I wrote to ebay, and getting back some FINAL VALUE CREDIT, but still ending up paying lot of fees. This day, I have ended up paying these fees each time, though I never got any money for the sale!!! And ebay doesnt even punish (even symbolically) the rouge bidder........in this case,syah1987!!!
My own experience with Ebay, USA is vastly different. The buyer is always is accountable and the Ebay as an institution is always very responsible. But in India it is different story...........the buyer is not accountable for what he is doing......and abouve all Ebay in India is least worried as to what is happening in its platform!!!!!
Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

ROUGUE BIDDERS

emailswarup
Community Member
Hi,

You may use buyer verification preference. That may reduce the number of bids in your items but will reduce such problems. .
Best Regards 😄
Swarup
Kolkata

Best Regards 😄
Swarup
Kolkata

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

ROUGUE BIDDERS

*masteryarts.com*
Community Member
HI.
Ive been facing the same problem for a few days.
A fraud buyer with different Usernames bids and buys my store Inventory Items and provides fake addresses and then vanishes.
All the three buyers ive had in the past week are fake and they register the same day and buy my items and provide a fake address and never reply to any emails or make the payment.

The pattern is the same.... here are the few addresses that ive received.... All these do not have any city names and asking the buyer thru email doesn't yield any response.Im posting the details for other sellers to beware and ebay should do something about the buyer with the same pattern.

Buyer: vasantra1970 (vasantrai33@yahoo.com) [ contact buyer ]
Buyer's registered address vasant Rai
SOME
JAYANAGAR,
SWARA NGR, MH 560011 India

Buyer: prasannabha490 (prasannabhart6@yahoo.com) [ contact buyer ]
Buyer's registered address prasanna Bhartia
MUZAFFAR AHMED ST
TASKEEN APT
PARK STREET, MH 700016 India

Buyer: ravindra177 (ravindragajj3@yahoo.com) [ contact buyer ]
Buyer's registered address ravindra Gajjar
GALInew delhi
RANI SATI MANDIR
JOGIWARA A CHAND MRG, MH 400050 India

Due to this Ive ended up Spending lots of fees as all my listings are International.... and I loose my one month Listings within a week.

A plea to eBay::: please ban this buyer or Please Safeguard the interests of Sellers like us By any other means.

Thanks.
Message 3 of 5
latest reply

ROUGUE BIDDERS

I am also annoyed with Unpaid Items by buyers. I am already using Buyer Verification Preference, but of no use. The buyer buys an item and end up with no response. I get the Final Value Credit but what about the International Listing Fee. That I have to lose.

The buyer gets the Unpaid Item Strike, but where does it reflect? There should be some icon or rating for the Unpaid Buyers. eBay should work out to minimise the Unpaid Buyers.
Message 4 of 5
latest reply

ROUGUE BIDDERS

I had posted a similar problem in my post http://forums.ebay.in/thread.jspa?threadID=600001447&tstart=0&mod=1166728432770
Message 5 of 5
latest reply