TRUE FACE OF E BAY

deena0808
Community Member
TRUE FACE OF E BAY

Hi folks!

I always thought e bay is a safe place to trade and the e bay team maintained high standards of integrity. Few of my friends advised me against any transaction on e bay. However I took the plunge. I thought I will do some transactions to get some experience and help the community if I saw things not OK. I shall now list out my experiences one by one.

First I bought a diamond ring for Rs 5200/- from a seller Mehta diamonds. .50 cts. What I received was an apology to a diamond ring. there were five small diamonds of one point each making a total of .05 cts. As a learned person you know that there is a lot of difference between .05 cts and .5 cts. the diamonds were ten times smaller. So I spoke to the seller and they promised to change it. It cost me Rs200/- to sell the item back. The seller received the item on 10 Nov 09. Did not take any action till 27 ov Nov. S o Initiated a case for refund.

There was a Diwali gift which was never sent or received. I assumed thet the gift would be despatched only once the transaction is complete.

E bay promised a reply by 03 Dec 09. I havent received one so far. Resolution centre says the case is closed. May be it means that E bay will now process the case in house and let you know later.

Isn't it strange? How many such cases would be there where the money is held by e bay for some silly reason? Cant the community invoke RTI without actually going to a court? Doesn't corporate governance teach the elite e bay team the difficulties they would face when actually some one demands such details invoking provisions of RTI and PIL. Today its so easy to do it. I like a response from the e bay management on this issue.

Please join together so that every one benefits from personal experiences and recommend good and destroy the bad. It appears to be a good cause to enlighten everyone.
Message 1 of 33
latest reply
32 REPLIES 32

TRUE FACE OF E BAY

deena0808
Community Member
PAISA PAY

Whats paisa pay and how does it benefit all? For a buyer it provides safety and security and for a seller assured payment. But has the common man lost sight of the benefits it gives e bay. Let me explain. My stats may be wrng but it still drives home the point.
Say there are 2000 transactions on e bay India every day at an average cost of Rs 2000/- that's worth 40 lakhs. If a transaction gets cleared in one month with the money stys with e bay for two months. How much is that amount? 2400 lakhs. its under rotation or as good as a Fixed Deposit. Makes good business sense and no complints.

But hs greed overtaken logic? Why this undue delay in clearing bills and refunds. Common man will not buy silly logic. Can you throw up some statics and clear our minds?

Is e bay hearing?
Message 2 of 33
latest reply

TRUE FACE OF E BAY

deena0808
Community Member
GLOBAL E BAY FRAUD

Hi folks!

In the series of experiences I had, next one is my encounter with the reseller. I am fond of golf. So I wanted to procure two golf sets. Selected the item and placed orders. Paid the money and the account was debited for about 20,000/-. After few days the reseller regretted the deal and agreed to refund the amount. I lost confidence in Global e bay and their transactions.

I got the refund. But nagging thoughts linger in my mind.Was it a deliberate attempt by e bay or was it a cheap trick? Is e bay so helpless about the reseller? Why do they list items which cannot be supplied? Is e by colluding with the reseller?

These are doubts in my mind and am sure you all will agree with me. Feedback to this forum will draw attention and make a case on this issue? How does ebay compensate the buyer? Must have the confidence to reassure the buyer with compensation for such lapses.
Message 3 of 33
latest reply

TRUE FACE OF E BAY

Anyone who has problem with ebay. just get unregister with it.
Message 4 of 33
latest reply

TRUE FACE OF E BAY

Hi,

I think ebay should pay the buyer interest or atleast give a token gift certificate, of say Rs.151/- to the buyer if his amount is refunded due to non shipment.

The cost of the gift can be recovered from the defaulting sellers.

This will lessen pain the buyers feel at having paid and not receiving the item they were looking forward to.

-----------

Devesh
Message 5 of 33
latest reply

TRUE FACE OF E BAY

sp4537
Community Member
i think your problem may be genuine,but still i believe that buyers need to be careful about what they are buying and from whom they are buying.this 2 things will make your work easy.many things are listed but you should buy very carefully.like in your case its a stupidity to buy very high priced jewellary item from ebay.you better go in local stores and buy it.you may ended up paying 5 to 10% more but atleast you are secured.so my advice is to choose the item and seller carefully rather than blaming ebay
Message 6 of 33
latest reply

TRUE FACE OF E BAY

sohilparikh is absolutely correct
Message 7 of 33
latest reply

TRUE FACE OF E BAY

brandedpc09
Community Member
can any one share results in terms of sales of computers and peripherals on E Bay. i am hearing a lot of disparity in results. i am planning to put resources in E bay but wanted to pick fellow members mind.....
Message 8 of 33
latest reply

TRUE FACE OF E BAY

deena0808
Community Member
SHIPPING DATE SCAM

It was amazing to see how sellers manage to despatch items on the cut off date with reference to airway bills. You check it with the courier and no details are not available. After some time you get the details which match with the details provided ,however, actual despatch takes place much later. How do they so cleverly manage this late despatch with identical details?

Can someone throw some light? Who is the beneficiary and who is fooled? Everything is at the cost of consumer. I think there is lack of awareness among consumers about their rights and I shall try to set it right through another thread COSUMERS RIGHHT ON E BAY.
Message 9 of 33
latest reply

TRUE FACE OF E BAY

deena0808
Community Member
ASSURE DIWALI GIFT

Is there such a thing? How many consumers haven't got the gift? Is there a case of breach of trust or unfair trade practice which is under the gambit of consumer rights?

I, for one, has a personal experience of getting one gift, a 2GB pen drive and not receiving one the blue tooth headset. This is not good enough to make statistics come in. But Iam sure, I won't be far away from truth. May I request all those who have not rceived the gift to send a line on this thread to just get the attention of e bay management.

Hope this thread will serve some purpose. I am sure it will make a difference.
Message 10 of 33
latest reply