cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Suggestion to Improve Ebay Global EasyBuy

I had purchased an item via Ebay Global EasyBuy. This gives you the facility to buy items from US in Indian Rupees which includes shipping, duties and everything else. The facility is great but there are some issues with the facility.

The transaction is entered between a US Seller and Indian Intermediary - i.e. Ebay India and in India between Indian Intermediary - i.e. Ebay India and the local buyer. This creates lots of problems because from a legal stand point there is no dealing between the US Seller and the actual Indian Buyer.

Now coming back to the product I purchased, it was not compatible with Indian service providers so I contacted the US Seller who said I could send the product back (via the intermediary) as the dealing was done by the intermediary and not me the actual buyer. Now I contacted Ebay India who simply rejected my claim saying that I am not eligible for refunds!

Here is a seller who is willing to take back the product without any issues but Ebay says no Really surprised with the attitude at Ebay India because I simply could not understand that inspite of the fact the US Seller willing to take back the product the local intermediary and Ebay India say I cannot do it! Shocking to say the least. Now I asked if I could get contact details of the seller so I could directly send him the product and get the refund which was again refuted by Ebay India saying that the transaction in India is between the local intermediary and me and not between the US Seller and me and hence cannot give US Seller details.

The whole issue is because of the transaction not being between the US Seller and Indian Buyer.

I would think twice before using this facility again because the local Indian Intermediary cannot be communicated and emails are not atall responsed. The Global EasyBuy facility if not improved will really not work if the Indian Buyer and US Seller cannot communicate with one another or send back / return / replace products.

Ebay should seriously consider improving the GEB Facility at the earliest.
Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

Suggestion to Improve Ebay Global EasyBuy

asimda51
Community Member
yes i fully agree prakashrcs.i had purchased one item under GEB viz. GEB - 370459943741 - NEW Full Body CLEAR Screen PROTECT Rs.1,359.00 03/12/10 13/12/10 27927941926 To be shipped
Seller: Member id i2cworld_inc3 ( Feedback Score Of 9244 )
Although i have paid in full, item was not shipped today.seller nor ebay does not bother to give reply to my several messages asking when the item will be shipped.this problem i am facing on receipt of item.now imagine if one find the product is defective, the buyer will face what sort of problems.so beware of using global easy buy in ebay.because in case of problems ebay will be of no help.
Message 2 of 2
latest reply