Suggestion regarding shipping option

Hi eBay team,
I have a suggestion regarding the shipping options which a seller can offer to buyer.
Remove the option of "delivery within city" & "delivery outside city". just keep delivery anywhere in india, surface delivery & cash on delivery.
The current options create a lot of confusion and irritation to the customers. Sellers manipulate the system to gain visibility and it results in a bad buyer experience.
While searching for items and sorting it by price + shipping lowest option, we see the items arranged by the lowest price plus shipping cost. Now if the seller has mentioned free shipping within city and a shipping charge for delivery outside city, it still shows as free shipping in the search result. Now the buyer goes into the detail and discovers there is a shipping charge if he is not in the same city. He gets frustrated. Worse happens when the buyer decides to buy thinking its a free shipping and then at payment page when he is ready to enter his credit card details, he discovers there is a shipping charge. Sometime he gets frustrated and simply abandons the purchase.
Also consider that sellers who provide free shipping nationwide, may appear below in the search result, although their total price may be lower than the one who charges shipping charge for delivery outside city. So it does not provide a level playing field for all sellers.
None of the other major ecommerce website in india has different shipping charges for within city and outside city. In fact there is not much difference in the shipping cost.
Please consider this suggestion as this is from a seller as well as a buyer's perspective, as i myself have faced this issue while making purchase on ebay. Thank you.
Message 1 of 1
latest reply
0 REPLIES 0