Shipping Cost

duggu2000
Community Member
Isn't it absurd that an item is put on auction under Re.1 category and the shipping cost is Rs 1374.00. Ridiculus, isin't. The item cost must be displayed inclusive of Shipping cost. No courier company can charge such an absurd amount for shipping a small item like vcd palyer. eBay should look in to this and instruct the sellers not to post such arbitrary shipping costs. Or a policy in this regard must be framed.
Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Shipping Cost

emailswarup
Community Member
Hi,
I suggest, ebay should give us an option to sort all items as per their total cost. The shipping / insurance charges can be auto calculated as per the PIN (or buyers prior preferences) for such sortings.

This will definitely reduce such practices of unreasonable shipping costs and will be more helpful for buyers to sort all Re.1/- item as per the original costs. .

Best Regards
Swarup Dutta
Best Regards 😄
Swarup
Kolkata

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

Shipping Cost

bay_jyoti
Community Member
Make it a point to have a look at the shipping cost also and add it; simple. This is no actual shipping cost. They are doing it to avoid the 5% commission of EBAY. (Very bad indeed.) But when I see that if a fraud Nigerian click-purchases my item worth Rs 10,590.00, and the EBAY immediately charges me the commission, only to be charged back after a lot of begging from my side, I think I am going to list my item for Re 1 next time. "BUY-IT-NOW"
(Just add Rs 10,839.00 as shipping charges) Yours always
Jyoti
Message 3 of 8
latest reply

Shipping Cost

soumi_kolkata
Community Member
An option to sort all items as per total cost will be very helpful. Specially to sort Re.1 category on total cost. 😄
Thanks
Soumi
Soumi
Message 4 of 8
latest reply

Shipping Cost

ponti_in
Community Member
Good suggestion. 🙂
Message 5 of 8
latest reply

Shipping Cost

pcnandi
Community Member
Dear Sir / Madam,

To sort by total cost will help all. Many items are at Re1 but total cost widely vary, difficult to find best price.

Regards
P C Nandi
Message 6 of 8
latest reply

Shipping Cost

atulnc1
Community Member
YOU SHOULD REPORT IT TO EBAY USING THE CONTACT US SEGMENT IN EBAY.

ATUL
Message 7 of 8
latest reply

Shipping Cost

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,

We currently display one of the shipping costs specified by the seller in the search results page to give buyers an indication of the applicable shipping costs

This is a small step towards ensuring transparency in shipping costs higher up in the purchase cycle

We would like to thank you all for the suggestion of providing a sort by Total cost. Though there are immediate challenges in implementing this, we would like to assure you that we would make all efforts towards ensuring better transparency in shipping costs higher up the purchase chain

Thank you
Message 8 of 8
latest reply