cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sellers retaliation is working Ebay US Boss Says Changes in December

mumbaistores
Community Member
Hi,

I read Ebay Head's announcement and the global retaliation by seller. It seems that even ebay knows that they have kicked themselves on their back with this change, however they are not acknowledging it openly.

One good thing which i see is that ebay is ready to make changes by December. Anyone interested can read....

http://www2.ebay.com/aw/core/200806200947512.html

Thanks,
Mumbaistores
Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

mumbaistores
Community Member
I quote what she has said....

"That said, this is an evolving system. For example, we’re looking at enabling buyers to withdraw/change their Feedback in limited circumstances to help resolve issues or correct the occasional mistake. Our goal is to address this by the holidays. And we're doing this based on input from our Community, including at eBay Live!. "

Something positive for us sellers 😄 I just hope we are there to see this day...
Message 2 of 8
latest reply

techniwas
Community Member
Mumbaistores

Brother whats the point? Do we really want to waste another year out here to get things sorted out? There are serious flaws neglected since ages.

A complex system makes things really inefficient (If not implemented properly)

Regards

TechiE

TechiE
Message 3 of 8
latest reply

westcoast_international
Community Member
Dear Friend,
What they say is their formal statement.But what matters on ground is how it effects the clients.Ebay says Buyers are important, it is they who bring the Sale to Sellers and indirectly Revenue to Ebay,so they are important.Do you think if there are no sellers or sellers would reduce then what would be the effect of sale on Ebay and the consecutive revenue loss to ebay in Terms of Ebay fees.It is like who comes first, chicken or Egg. What Ebay thinks is Egg is more important ,but what about the chicken who brings eggs.
Sellers sell their items so Buyers come here on Ebay.

The feedback system is partial and injustice to SEllers.Recently a buyer bought 2 items from me and I packed it well and despatched,but unfortunately it was damaged by Indiapost during Transit.And they said they are not responsible for the damage.So the Buyer blamed me and threatened me with Negative Feedback if I didnt return all the Money including Shipping Charges and the item would remain with her.However,I had no choice and send her 5 items for free, and in return she gave me 2 negative Feedbacks.
I contacted the Customer support dept but they replied they were unable to help, and what I could do is accept the demand of the Buyer.I had also attached the threatening email of the Buyer,but they replied their hands are tied.

According to recent status I could not retaliate and give her negative feedback, so how would other Sellers know what this Buyer is doing with Sellers.
Isnt that a point to be noticed.

My all efforts were washed up, with feedback from 100% to 92 %.Thanks to Ebay Policy.
Regards,

Westcoast International.
Message 4 of 8
latest reply

snrama
Community Member
Hi All,

This is the best way to shut sellers mouths and All the sellers will become quite seeing this announcement and in December eBay doesn't change anything.

When 90% of sellers are against to this new system, what is the point of changing it after 6 months? ---------------
With Regards,
Navaneeth (snrama) 😉
---------------
With Regards,
Navaneeth (snrama) 😉
Message 5 of 8
latest reply

westcoast_international
Community Member
Dear Friend,
What they say is their formal statement.But what matters on ground is how it effects the clients.Ebay says Buyers are important, it is they who bring the Sale to Sellers and indirectly Revenue to Ebay,so they are important.Do you think if there are no sellers or sellers would reduce then what would be the effect of sale on Ebay and the consecutive revenue loss to ebay in Terms of Ebay fees.It is like who comes first, chicken or Egg. What Ebay thinks is Egg is more important ,but what about the chicken who brings eggs.
Sellers sell their items so Buyers come here on Ebay.

The feedback system is partial and injustice to SEllers.Recently a buyer bought 2 items from me and I packed it well and despatched,but unfortunately it was damaged by Indiapost during Transit.And they said they are not responsible for the damage.So the Buyer blamed me and threatened me with Negative Feedback if I didnt return all the Money including Shipping Charges and the item would remain with her.However,I had no choice and send her 5 items for free, and in return she gave me 2 negative Feedbacks.
I contacted the Customer support dept but they replied they were unable to help, and what I could do is accept the demand of the Buyer.I had also attached the threatening email of the Buyer,but they replied their hands are tied.

According to recent status I could not retaliate and give her negative feedback, so how would other Sellers know what this Buyer is doing with Sellers.
Isnt that a point to be noticed.

My all efforts were washed up, with feedback from 100% to 92 %.Thanks to Ebay Policy.
Regards,

Westcoast International.
Message 6 of 8
latest reply

esmartbazaar
Community Member
HI All ,

This is good time gaining exercise which ebay specializes ,
at ebay live there are many dissatisfied sellers and they had to come with some announcement .

Well i dont think we wud be here till then , with current policy , either a seller stops selling activity for 6 months to have his account in good shape till then or keep selling , lose power seller status , have restrictions and suspensions with in nxt 2-3 months .

If something that need to be done it is NOW !

Regards,
eSmartbazaar
Message 7 of 8
latest reply

westcoast_international
Community Member
Ehay seems it has now gained Monopoly over the Online Auction Trade and Sale,so it is trying to Make its own Rules, but They should acknowledge that in this Customer oriented Market, We sellers are their customers and when 90% of sellers are not satisfied or against a policy, it is in the interest of Ebay to change that policy or amend it accordingly.
If it remains arrogant/rigid over the same issue, then As Darwin Rule :" Every species need to adapt to surrounding environment or get extinct",
similarly other online auction sites are gaining more popularity and Ebay sellers are turning to them and more Buyers are approaching those sites to BUY STUFF. in this Way they are gaining more audience and hence Popularity and in Turn Ebay is reducing popularity. If same continues for next 6 months , I think Ebays time would be over.
So ACT NOW for Ebay Boss or then dont repent for what you did.
Regards,
Westcoast International.
www.vcoins.com
www.ecrater.com
and many more in the list...........
Message 8 of 8
latest reply