cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SYNTHETIC STONES listed in NATURAL Category, isn't that MISCATEGORIZATION?

diya_das
Community Member
hello,
Why the synthetic stones are listed in natural category in spite of having a separate category for synthetic/manmade stones.

I had reported many of such items but I find that no action was taken even after 15 days.

Can someone answer me this? And why no action is been taken against such policy violation?

Thnx,
Diya.
Message 1 of 15
latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

emailswarup
Community Member
Hi,

eBay must take stern measures to stop those offenses. Its distressing to note that ebay has not taken any action even after reporting those 15 days before.

My sincere thanks to diya_das for reporting this. .
Best Regards 😄
Swarup
Kolkata

Best Regards 😄
Swarup
Kolkata

Message 2 of 15
latest reply

Hi diya_das, This is a much discussed topic.
Please allow me to explain ebay's jewelry listing policy.
Ebay is very serious about 4 items.
1.You cant write golden if not gold. It has to be gold-tone. Mark the hyphen please.
2.Ruby has to be a real ruby. Not only the r.i. Ruby has to have transparency to qualify as ruby. But ebay is helpless if star ruby appears in search result, even though this is a separate kind of corrumdum.
3.Diamond has to be a real diamond. Real natural one.
4.Jade has to be jade only.
If you are not sure which stone, list that in quartz.
Also miscategorisation happens inadvertantly if you click the wrong place. That happens to late night listers. And,tell you frankly,that goes unnoticed sometimes for months.
Somethings cant be helped. Induced natural stones will be listed in natural category only. World does that.
But,as you have said, no sane seller with reputation, will list synthetics in natural category.
If you have any other questions,please write that in this thread.
Thanx,
Truly,
Amitava
Message 3 of 15
latest reply

diya_das
Community Member
Hello amitava123gems,
Thank you for reading my post and replying to it.

I had gone through “Jewellery, Precious Metals and Loose Beads” Policy of eBay.

I also see that you are a loose gemstones seller and so you must better understand that its really very bad to do such things by some reputed seller too
( i.e listing synthetic/created stones in natural category)

Well I will say each and everything with proof and evidence.

You click the link below and see that all synthetic/created stone are listed in natural category, May be eBay T & S team is blind & deaf.

http://search.ebay.in/search/search.dll?sofocus=bs&sbrftog=1&catref=C6&from=R10&satitle=lab-created&sacat=491%26catref%3DC6&fpaym=1&ga10244=10425&ftrt=1&ftrv=1&saprclo=&saprchi=&sadis=200&fsct=&fsop=1&fsoo=1

http://search.ebay.in/search/search.dll?sofocus=bs&sbrftog=1&catref=C6&from=R10&satitle=synthetic&sacat=491%26catref%3DC6&fpaym=1&ga10244=10425&ftrt=1&ftrv=1&saprclo=&saprchi=&sadis=200&fsct=&fsop=1%26fsoo%3D1&coaction=compare&copagenum=1&coentrypage=search

So Now if eBay really want to stop such violation then they can do it within few hours but they don’t want to, That is sure and proved.

About Stones:

Ruby is variety of Corundum with Chromium as coloring element.

While Star Ruby is also having all property of ruby but have optical effect as additional feature. (Star effect).

The star effect is because of fibers inclusions, Rutile inclusions etc Present in it.Tell me if you want more information 🙂

May eBay take some action this time about the violation of rules.

Thanks to emailswarup for supporting me.

Thnx,
Diya
Message 4 of 15
latest reply

Hi diya_das,
I have also supported you.
You are right about asterism. But I am an architect, having a degree from B E College.. A geologist can tell you more.
Ebay may consider removing the listings. I think eBay will. Swarup is like my own son. We are very close even though we live 12km apart.
In the mean time, I think the sellers will change category on their own. That is less painful.
Since you have raised this issue, I take this opportunity to say that the 'manmade' category is a new category. Swarup knows that. Some sellers may not be aware of this. But they should place their items in proper category as early as possible.
Ebay is a community. It is always better to avoid harsh actions. Nothing like amicable settlement.
Thanx,
Truly,
Amitava
Message 5 of 15
latest reply

Hello,

What are these CZ Diamond Simulated ? Are there Real diamonds or not !

http://search.ebay.in/cz-simulated_W0QQfromZR8QQpqryZczQ20similated

Regards
Shyam
Message 6 of 15
latest reply

sapana@ebay.com
eBay Employee
eBay Employee
Hi nitro_fashion,

CZ diamonds or any other CZ stones are manmade stones. They are of good quality in the sense that they normally retain their shine for quite some while. Some jewellers use CZ stones to augment a jewellery piece while maintaing the costs. However, they are not genuine / natural stones.

Regards,
Sapana
Message 7 of 15
latest reply

sapana@ebay.com
eBay Employee
eBay Employee
Hi diya_das,

Firstly my apology that you feel that action was not taken on miscategorised listings. Many a times, until a CSR is able to review a report and take appropriate action against the seller, the listing ends. however, I have passed on this feedback to the concerned team for future action.

However, I also agree with amitava123gems that often it is genuine mistake from a seller and not intentional. On checking the links provided by you, I saw that only two sellers listings appeared in those links. One can probably drop a mail to the seller educating him to correct the listings. The seller also looses out due to miscategorisation, for buyers of synthetic stones will not be able to view his listings.

Nevertheless, point is taken that we need to devise some way to educate our sellers on importance of listing in correct categories. Also, please allow me to assure you that we are committed to providing a good buying and selling experience for our users, and your support in the same is really appreciated.

Warm Regards,
Sapana
Message 8 of 15
latest reply

Hello Sapana Didi,
CZ is cubic zirconia. But zircon is an altogether separate item.
About miscategorisation, if the sellers use hyphanated description , some what like say manmade-aquamarine, it gives better buying experience. They can write manmade-alexandrite..
Thanx,
Truly,
Amitava
Message 9 of 15
latest reply

diya_das
Community Member
Hello,
I still see all the synthetic stones listed in the natural category.(check link for proof)

I also seen many sellers posting their Address with contact number,many seller giving a price list in listings itself.

I know these all are policy violation of eBay.
But eBay is sleeping like Kumbhakaran.

One this is now sure,eBay do not want to take any action against such violation and I think its like "ANDHERI NAGRI CHOPAT RAJA.

Thnx,
Diya.
Message 10 of 15
latest reply